ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Groningen
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Groningen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
We are looking for an early-career academic who is interested to start a tenure-track that focuses on education and who can strengthen our teaching and research in the field of Sustainable Process Design (SPD), and particularly in the development of a system engineering approach involving the integration of classical process design with sustainability and logistic/value chain analyses.
As Assistant Professor with an education profile you will:
● teach in the degree programmes Industrial Engineering and Management (SPD track) and Chemical Engineering, and supervise students while performing research-oriented programme elements
● play a significant role in the development of education at FSE, both at the course and the programme level
● develop your own research line and/or contribute to research lines in the research group Green Chemical Reaction Engineering (https://www.rug.nl/research/green-chemical-reaction-engineering/)
● contribute to the supervision of PhD students in the research group
● contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, especially in the domain of education
At the stage of Assistant Professor 60% of your time is for teaching and education development, 30% for research and 10% for organizational tasks. After five years you will be assessed for tenure and promotion to the level of Associate Professor (see Conditions of employment).
We offer you a full-time tenure-track position as Assistant Professor and:
● a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3,746 up to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time position
● a starting package of € 40k to travel, organize workshops, etc., as well as access to additional resources for education development projects
● holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
● a pension scheme
● maternity and parental leave
● the possibility to work part-time (0.9 fte or 0.8 fte)
● a personal development trajectory and a mentor program
● dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as Associate Professor with an education profile. Please consider the following link for more details on the criteria for promotion: https://www.rug.nl/webvernieuwing/world/fse/tenure-track-positions-educa...
The continuation of the career path after the level of Associate Professor with an education profile is currently being developed. It will include the possibility of applying for promotion to the position of Full Professor with an education profile.
We invite you to submit a complete application including:
● a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position
● a curriculum vitae, including a description of your teaching experience, a list of your publications and a list with names of references
● a statement of your vision on teaching, in particular pertaining to developments in your field, and what you would like to accomplish in our degree programmes
● a description of your scientific interest and plans
You can submit your application until 24 May 11:59pm / before 25 May 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The selection interviews will take place around week 23.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Web site for additional job details
We offer you the opportunity to start a career path that focuses on education and to become an educational leader in time. We encourage you to apply if you have:
● a passion for teaching and education development
● demonstrably excellent teaching qualities
● a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field, obtained at most 8 years ago (at the time of appointment)
● a good track record in research, as shown by publications in international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences
● at least 2 years of relevant work experience after your PhD (at the time of appointment)
● demonstrable organizational competences
● good command of spoken and written English
And you are:
● willing to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years and a Senior Teaching Qualification (Dutch: SKO) within five years
● able to work well in an international, culturally diverse, environment
● a team player with good communication skills who is able to inspire students and colleagues
● able to speak the Dutch language or motivated to speak it within five years (B1 level).
EURAXESS offer ID: 629740
Posting organisation offer ID: 299677
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.