ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › BankingEconomics › Financial scienceEconomics › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
The Dean of the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw, with the approval of the Rector of the University of Warsaw, is pleased to announce a competition for the position of Assistant Professor (Adiunkt) in a research-didactic group at the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw.
Key responsibilities in the position:
Substantial research activity in the field of economics and finance (i.e. finance, banking and/or accounting). Publication of the results in reputable scholarly journals of substantial international standing. Obtaining funding for research projects in grant competitions.
Teaching courses relating to finance, banking, accounting or associated fields with a total teaching load of 210 contact hours per year. Courses should be offered in Polish and/or English.
Academic organizational activities, including: involvement in the work of selected university and departmental committees and contribution to international scholarly endeavours (editorial and review work, conferences, etc.).
Candidates must meet the requirements set out in Article 113 of the Polish Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Journal of Laws 2020, item 85, as amended) and in the Statute of the University of Warsaw (Resolution no. 443 of the Senate of the University of Warsaw of 26 June 2019 on the adoption of the Statute of the University of Warsaw), Monitor of the University of Warsaw 2019, item 190).
Candidates applying for the position should submit the following documents within the deadline set out in this announcement:
▪ an academic curriculum vitae containing information on research and teaching experience and achievements, including education, work experience, publications, research projects;
▪ a covering letter with the candidate's reasons for applying, including planned research and teaching activities if successful (two A4 pages maximum);
▪ a signed application to the Rector of the University of Warsaw together with the required declarations (Appendix no. 1);
Please send all of the above in separate files. If a candidate does not submit all of the documents stipulated here within the deadline set out in this announcement, the candidate will be excluded from the competition (exclusion for formal reasons).
Candidates may be invited for an interview (in person or remotely) with the Faculty Selection Committee. Candidates will be contacted individually to schedule such an interview.
Applications will be evaluated by the Faculty Selection Committee. The Faculty reserves the right to respond only to certain applications. The competition may be closed without a selection being made, if there is no candidate who meets the formal requirements and possesses an adequate academic track record.
The competition is the first stage of the employment procedure for an academic teacher, as specified in the Statute of the University of Warsaw. A positive outcome is the required basis for further proceedings.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEconomics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Requirements for candidates applying for the position:
Formal requirements (must have):
▪ at least a PhD degree in the discipline of economics and finance or in the field of the social sciences.
Academic track record (must have):
▪ substantial achievements in the discipline of economics and finance, measured predominantly in terms of articles published in reputable journals of substantial international standing;
▪ substantial research activity (including research funding obtained, research projects led);
▪ international experience (including international cooperation undertaken);
▪ teaching experience (preferable experience in conducting classes in the field of finance, banking and/or accounting);
▪ proficiency level written and spoken English (C2).
The following will be advantageous:
▪ other significant achievements (e.g., prizes, awards) and experience (e.g., editorial work for reputable journals of substantial international standing).
EURAXESS offer ID: 629486
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.