ORGANISATION/COMPANYSchool of Advanced Studies, University of Tyumen
RESEARCH FIELDArts › Visual artsCultural studiesEconomicsEducational sciencesHistoryLanguage sciencesMathematicsOtherPolitical sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)First Stage Researcher (R1)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/07/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONRussia › Tyumen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE15/08/2021
The School of Advanced Studies invites applications for postdoctoral positions for the 2021-2022 academic year. Candidates from the fields of Economics, IT, Film & Media Studies, Sociology, History, Higher Education, Cultural Studies, Mathematics, Psychology, and Global Affairs will be given priority of consideration. Scholars from other fields are also welcome to apply.
SAS is a growing interdisciplinary research center and liberal arts college at the University of Tyumen (Siberia). SAS operates in English and currently employs 29 full-time faculty from 17 countries.
We are interested in scholars committed to both research and teaching, who believe in the power of complex conversations across disciplinary boundaries. Positions at SAS provide a rare chance to develop one’s research and teaching in an experimental environment.
- Teach a variety of classes in the area of competence. The annual teaching load is four 90-minute classes a week across 32 teaching weeks with a typical class size of fewer than 20 students. Teaching terms are September-December and February-June.
- Complete research that will lead to at least one publication in an international peer-reviewed journal (or comparable disciplinary standard). Applicants may propose to pursue their research in collaboration with the existing research teams at SAS.
- Supervise 3 to 5 undergraduate research projects.
Appointments are for one year, with the opportunity for renewal on longer-term contracts.
Salaries range from 100,000 to 200,000 rubles per month after taxes (dependent upon qualifications), plus health insurance.
- Candidates must have a recent PhD which was awarded over the last 5 years (or by August 31 this year) by an internationally recognized university;
- Fluent English; knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Candidates should be able to work in teams and with students.
- Candidates must be ready to relocate to Tyumen to take up the position.
To apply, send a CV and cover letter and three letters of recommendation sent separately. Direct all materials to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin on April 20. Online interviews will be offered to qualified candidates within one month of submission of a complete application. The positions will be open until filled.
For more information, please contact Daniel Kontowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 628944
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.