ORGANISATION/COMPANYThe International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warszawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
REFERENCE NUMBERPHD Structural Cell Biology
Position in the project:
structural biology, molecular biology, biochemistry,
3 500,00 – 4 000,00 PLN net/month; depends on experience;
Position starts on:
1st June 2021 or later upon mutual agreement
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement:
31st Oct 2022, with the possibility of extension
"ReMedy" International Research Agenda Unit, IMol PAS
Agnieszka Chacińska and Magda Konarska, Directors of ReMedy
“Regenerative Mechanisms for Health”
“Cellular architecture of Archaea in the context of eukaryogenesis” Laboratory of Structural Cell Biology, Head: Piotr Szwedziak
The main objective of this project is to structurally and functionally characterize primordial membrane remodelling complexes from a newly discovered archaeal branch and compare them to their ekuryotic counterparts. This project, which makes heaby use of biochemistry, is a great opportunity to learn cryoEM.
- Work in a young, active, team in an excellent scientific environment,
- Comprehensive training in genetics, biochemistry and molecular biology,
- Access to the state of the art equipment and facilities,
- Participation in courses and conferences.
Required documents (in English):
- Motivation letter,
- CV with the list of publications,
- Contact details of the scientific supervisor and other referee/s if available (preferably including direct supervisor of applicant’s MSc thesis).
- We will contact selected candidates only
- Please apply using this application form
- Please send all the documents as a single .pdf file.
- We will contact selected candidates only.
Project is carried out within the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by The International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines Polish Academy of Sciences, with its registered office ul. Smetany 2, 00-783 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and I agree for a transfer of provided data to any entity responsible for the implementation of ReMedy project. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
For GDPR information please visit: https://www.imol.institute/privacy-policy
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- MSc degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology, biophysics, biochemistry or related fields of life sciences (or perspective of obatining one),
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with laboratory techniques in at least one of the following disciplines: molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, transcriptomics,
- Very good command of English,
- Motivation and passion for experimental work.
EURAXESS offer ID: 628938
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.