RESEARCH FIELDTechnology › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/05/2021 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONNorway › Oslo
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
Applicants are invited for a Research Scientist or Senior Scientist position at SINTEF Industry within the Materials processing and modelling Research group. The primary objective of this position is to extend on-going research and establish new activities within metal processing with emphasis on forming processes with additive manufacturing, and low carbon processes and products.
We seek candidates at the PhD level in Mechanical Engineering, Materials science, Applied Physics, or related fields with a background in physical metallurgy and forming processes. We are looking for enthusiastic research scientists that work systematically, have highly developed analytical capabilities and are solution oriented. Ability to work in project teams and meeting tight deadlines are necessary.
The candidate must have experience with forming processes such as casting, forming and additive manufacturing of metallic materials and competence linking material design to process-microstructure-property-performance relationships. Knowledge and experience in mathematical modeling and/or computational metallurgy and material design is a plus. The candidate should have experience/understanding for experimental work and characterisation methods and experience from one or more of the following fields:
- Metallurgical and manufacturing processes (casting, forming, additive manufacturing)
- Physical metallurgy (thermodynamics, alloy design, microstructure formation, defects)
- Mathematical modelling and digitalization
The desired skills are:
- PhD or equivalent research competence
- Documented academic and project development skills (preparation of project applications and project management)
- Professional networks within the Norwegian process and/or manufacturing industry
- Ability to work on several initiatives at the same time
- To translate the industry's needs into solutions through projects
- Excellent documentation (reporting), communication and networking skills, and the ability to communicate well in English, both orally and written
- A good grasp of, or willingness to learn written and spoken Norwegian
- Exciting and independent work tasks in an international professional environment that is in growth and development
- Great opportunities for professional and personal development in an organization where responsibility and initiative are set high
- Flexible working hours, good pension, insurance and well fare schemes and competitive salary
The position is in Oslo, Norway. Our research team is working on the following areas: Solidification and casting, thermo-mechanical forming, additive manufacturing, physical metallurgy, and microstructure formation. By linking materials and processes to properties and performance, we also target the development of low carbon processes and products. Application materials include aluminium alloys, steels, cast iron and silicon-based materials.
EURAXESS offer ID: 628799
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.