ORGANISATION/COMPANYLodz University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Lodz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE15/05/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The project MULTISPECTRAL INTELLIGENT VISION SYSTEM WITH EMBEDDED LOW-POWER NEURAL COMPUTING (acronym MISEL), which is the source of funding for the considered position, is realized under the framework of European Union’s HORIZON 2020 program. The main objective of Lodz University of Technology team is to elaborate machine learning based, intelligent data analysis methods that would enable fulfilling operational goals of the envisaged system: understanding of information captured by an integrated event camera and application-specific decision making. An important constraint imposed on the research is a target, analog technology of system’s implementation, which requires development of lightweight, resource friendly data analysis algorithms.
Scope of involvement: The candidate will participate in all research activities, including elaboration, implementation and evaluation of new concepts. The candidate will be required to develop software necessary to implement relevant algorithms in high level languages, for quick prototyping, and to develop software for emulating target analog architectural modules. Also, the candidate will be required to get involved in design of experimental setups, in conducting experiments and in evaluation of their results.
The candidate is expected to:
• Hold at least Master of Science degree in Computer Science
• Be able to work on-site (necessary for fulfilling all lab-work tasks)
• Have strong, documented competence (e.g. publications or previous involvement in research grants in the considered field) in machine learning algorithms and image processing
• Have excellent programming skills relevant to development of machine learning algorithms (required proficiency in Python and knowledge of sklearn/Keras or PyTorch libraries) and image processing algorithms (required familiarity with OpenCV)
• Be fluent in Polish (for the purpose of within-team communication) and fluent in English (between-team communication)
Terms of employment:
• Full-time position
• Monthly compensation: 6 000 (six thousand) PLN
• Duration: till December, 2022
The application must include:
• CV including information on: degrees earned, programming skills, history of participation in research grants, granted scholarships and other research accomplishments.
• Motivation letter
• Recommendation letter(s) if available
• copies of diplomas
I consent to the processing of my personal data for the purposes of the recruitment process (in accordance with the Act of May 10, 2018 on the protection of personal data (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000) and in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (GDPR)).
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted via an e-mail and invited for an interview.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
EURAXESS offer ID: 628794
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.