ORGANISATION/COMPANYAIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › InformaticsComputer science › Modelling toolsComputer science › ProgrammingEngineering › Electrical engineeringEngineering › Electronic engineeringEngineering › Industrial engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineeringEngineering › Systems engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
We are Austria’s largest Research and Technology Organisation and an international player in the research areas that we cover. This makes us a leading development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Energy in Vienna invites applications for a:
Master Thesis “Development of simulation and emulation framework for EV/EVSE grid integration and testing”
- Decarbonization of the transport sector is one of the main challenges of the near future. The switch from fossil fuel sources towards electric mobility is one (if not the one) key element to reach these goals.
- In order to enable a smooth transition from fossil to electric, EV and charging stations need to be developed, tested, and integrated within a new, reliable infrastructure. The AIT SmartEST laboratory continuously evolves its capabilities in order to provide state of the art testing, research, and consulting services for the energy and transportation sectors.
- During this master thesis you will get an insight into our project and together with our scientists you will learn how to make improvements on our laboratory test infrastructure as well as how to conduct research on the proper grid integration of electric mobility.
- You will help us in the development and programming of the AIT EV/EVSE emulator, automated test design, grid simulations, smart charging algorithms and other. The finished emulation and simulation framework should enable automated testing of real devices according to existing and future standards.
- Within this master thesis, together with our multidisciplinary team you will focus on novel challenges by developing sophisticated EV/EVSE test infrastructure and emulation frameworks as well as performing grid simulations of future mobility scenarios.
- You will gain insight into the applied research working environment, you will share views with our scientists and will get to know new processes and technological developments.
- You will gain experience in an international group of scientists and build up your professional network.
Your qualification as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Ongoing master’s studies in the field of electrical engineering, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or similar.
- Programming skills in C and C++ and knowledge of a scripting language, such as Python
- Knowledge of Electronics and basic PCB design
- Previous experience & eagerness for working with industrial grade automation systems and within a high-power laboratory is a plus
- Experience in Linux OS, Realtime OS (eg. FreeRTOS/uCOs) would be an advantage
- Ability to work both independently and in a multidisciplinary team
- Very good command of German or English (in spoken and written)
What to expect:
EUR 802,62 gross per month for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement. There will be additional company benefits. You will be part of our international Young AIT network. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including your CV, cover letter and certificates online: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/147223
EURAXESS offer ID: 627037
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.