ORGANISATION/COMPANYAGH University of Science and Technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPoland › Cracow
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE15/06/2021
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Scientific worker in the field of application of computer methods and data science in earth sciences.
DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT:
Dean’s Office, Faculty of Geology, Geophysics and Environment Protection, AGH-UST (30-059 Krakow, al. Mickiewicza 30, A-0 building, higher ground floor, office no. 20) or documents scan on mail address: email@example.com
If the documents are submitted by e-mail, the aforementioned all documents must be printed, signed, scanned and sent in PDF format.
The AGH University will be the candidate’s main place of employment.
The University reserves the right not to settle the competition without providing any reason or justification.
Winning the competition is not tantamount to ensuring the candidate's employment. The result of the competition serves solely as a recommendation to the Rector in this regard. The final decision concerning the employment will be made by the Rector.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELGeosciences: Master Degree or equivalent
- PhD degree or open doctoral dissertation in the discipline of Earth and related environmental sciences,
- active participation in domestic and international conferences (documented),
- experience in conducting didactic classes in IT or data science subjects (for a minimum of 2 years),
- practical experience gained while working in the IT industry or R&D departments of industries related to Earth sciences,
- certificates proving the knowledge of programming languages (optional),
- experience in cloud computing technologies and in parallel computing (optional),
- national and international awards for scientific or student activity (optional).
- PhD or open doctoral thesis,
- research experience in Earth sciences documented by publications (including at least one paper with IF),
- LANGUAGE English – good; Polish - excellent or mother tongue,
EURAXESS offer ID: 625920
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.