ORGANISATION/COMPANYMaastricht University (UM)
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Maastricht
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
This exciting new bachelor programme in Circular Engineering will start September 2021 and trains students as circular engineers who are able to provide technical solutions in the transition to a circular economy. It bridges different engineering domains in an interdisciplinary manner, integrating sustainability throughout the curriculum. The programme provides students with a broad basis, a rigid engineering foundation and in-depth knowledge and skills in one of three concentrations in Circular Chemical Engineering, Sustainable Biotechnology, or Engineering Physics. In line with the educational philosophy of the Faculty of Science and Engineering, the programme offers small scale teaching, a partially open curriculum and intensive guidance of students.
To further strengthen the educational profile and to lead the start of the bachelor programme, we are looking for a founding Director of Studies. We are searching for a talented and motivated candidate who has a strong educational track record in a relevant field of Circular Engineering, including prior experience in educational management, accreditation and programme development, preferably in an international setting. The candidate needs to have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, since this is an important focus area of this position. In addition to educational management, the candidate will be responsible for developing and teaching courses, skills and projects. The candidate will also have the opportunity to supervise thesis students in their research and design endeavours. The expectation is that the candidate will devote up to half time of the appointment to educational management. The remainder of the time will focus on research and educational activities, depending on the qualifications and interests of the candidate. Candidates with a multidisciplinary interest and willingness to cross boundaries between disciplines are especially encouraged to apply. The programmes at the Faculty of Science and Engineering are characterized by small-scale student-centred education. The director of studies is expected to become an active part of our community, advising students, mentoring staff, organizing activities, building a scientific network for our students and staff to explore and establishing contacts with other faculties within Maastricht, the Netherlands and across the world. The position will report directly to the Faculty Board and will become part of the educational management team of the faculty.
- We offer a rewarding career at a young university in the heart of Europe, with a distinct global perspective and a strong focus on innovative research and education;
- The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO), supplement with local UM provisions. For more information on terms of employment, please visit our website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees;
- The salary will be set in salary scale 13 or 14 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (from € 5.190,- to € 6.940,- gross per month depending on experience and qualifications, based on a full-time appointment). On top of this, there is an 8% holiday allowance and a 8.3% year-end allowance;
- We offer an attractive package of fringe benefits such as reduction on collective health insurance, substantial leave arrangements, optional model for designing a personalised benefits package and application for attractive fiscal arrangements for employees from abroad.
We intend to offer a permanent contract to senior candidates. However, for junior candidates we will first offer a temporary contract of 2 years. In that case depending on the development of the performance, an extension of the employment contract is possible.
More information on this vacancy can be obtained from: RecruitmentFSE@maastrichtuniversity.nl
You can send your application to this e-mail: RecruitmentFSE@maastrichtuniversity.nl
Web site for additional job details
Formal education and a PhD in a relevant academic engineering field;
- An excellent track record, which includes educational management;
- Teaching experience in a relevant engineering field;
- Good familiarity with teaching at the bachelor level in an international setting would be considered an asset when applying;
- An excellent command of the English language and you flourish well in an international setting and rapidly developing environment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 625630
Posting organisation offer ID: 299328
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.