ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/06/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Belval
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. The University`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
For the ANR funded research project AAA (Augmented Artwork Analysis. Computer-aided interpretation device for art images), the C²DH is looking for a User Interface Developer that will drive the development of a new type of art interpretation tool that incorporates machine learning approaches. The ideal candidate will bring a thorough background in user interface design, the ability to co-create a design vision with visual scholars and technical partners as well as the necessary skills to implement the design using state of the art web technologies both on desktop as well as mobile devices. The position offers the opportunity to work in an international team with renowned experts in the domain of deep learning and media/visual analysis as well as to explore new pathways in the use of digital devices as tools for art interpretation within the museum.
AAA is an interdisciplinary research project dedicated to the enrichment and the exploration of digitized artworks. It is carried out by the Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital history (C2DH), the Institute of Romance, Media & Arts Studies (IRMA), within the Department of Humanities in the University of Luxembourg and French (Université Lyon 2, CNRS) as well as Belgium partners (Université de Liège) and a network of fine-arts museums across France, Belgium and Luxembourg funded by the French national Research Agency (ANR).
The candidate will be based in the Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C2DH), a research centre for the study, analysis and public dissemination of contemporary history of Luxembourg and Europe with a particular focus on digital methods and tools for historical research. It serves as a catalyst for innovative and creative scholarship and new forms of public dissemination and societal engagement with history in Luxembourg.
- Design, develop and implement a user interface for the exploration of artworks
- Follow an iterative approach that includes participatory design principles to engage users and stakeholders throughout the project
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team at the C2DH and the AAA project consortium in an independent and proactive way
- Participate in other AAA work packages where expertise is required and coordinate with the partners in France and Belgium
What we expect from you…
- An experienced user interface designer with an interest in participatory design
- Master’s degree in user interface design, computer science or related disciplines
- Great communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate methodological, organised, pragmatic and effective approaches to your work
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of French and/or German are considered an asset
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Part Time 20.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Foreseen starting date: 15 May 2021
- Internal Title: Software developer
- Job Reference: UOL04077
How to apply...
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
EURAXESS offer ID: 625057
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.