RESEARCH FIELDReligious sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › 8010 Graz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2022
REFERENCE NUMBERBV/8/98 ex 2019/20
The Professor of Pastoral Theology takes on an important bridging function between academic theology, church and society. The contribution to sharpening the faculty profile “Theology in the Contexts of the Present” lies in the fact that it deals with the tasks of God's people in the rapid processes of social modernisation and the resulting need for new social forms of the Church. This professorship is assigned to the “Dimensions of Europeanisation” Field of Excellence and the core research area “Heterogeneity and Cohesion.” Employment requirements include a doctorate in catholic theology, habilitation or equivalent qualification in pastoral theology, gender mainstreaming skills, outstanding academic qualifications in research and teaching in the relevant discipline and for the profile of the professorship, attracting subject-specific research projects, especially third-party funds, and a qualification in higher education didactics (continuing education programme on higher education teaching). We also expect gender mainstreaming skills.
The minimum remuneration as stated in the Collective Bargaining Agreement is EUR 74.503,80 gross per year. Salary subject to negotiation.
Please submit your applications stating the reference number BV/8/98 ex 2019/20 by May 5th 2021 at the latest. For information about the application procedures and other prerequisites, please visit jobs.uni-graz.at/en/BV/8/98. Planned dates of the applicant’s presentation: 15 November 2021 to 16 November 2021.
Web site for additional job details
- Austrian or equivalent foreign higher education degree corresponding with the position (doctorate/PhD)
- Habilitation or equivalent qualification in katholischer Theologie
- Outstanding academic qualifications in research and teaching in the relevant discipline and for the profile of the professorship (commensurate with stage of academic career)
- Success in attracting subject-specific project grants, particularly where competitively awarded third-party funds are concerned
- Skills in higher education didactics and online teaching
- Skills in the supervision and guidance of early career researchers
- Professional experience abroad during academic career
- Management and leadership experience
- Gender mainstreaming skills
- Experience in new teaching formats (e.g. digital teaching)
- Outstanding knowledge of German and English
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team
EURAXESS offer ID: 624971
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.