ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Cologne
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/04/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Köln
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK25,89
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2021
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
PhD Position (f/m/d) in the Collaborative Research Center 1218 | Corrado-Lab
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
In the Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 1218 on “mitochondrial regulation of cellular function” (www.sfb1218.uni-koeln.de) scientists from different research institutions in Cologne have teamed up to study how mitochondria influence activity, differentiation and survival of the cell. The Corrado lab is part of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Responses in Aging-associated Diseases (CECAD) at the University of Cologne. Research in the Corrado laboratory focuses on how metabolism influences immune function and in particular how cardiolipin synthesis and remodeling modulate immune cell function in the context of infections, cancer, aging and inflammation. In the framework of the CRC1218, the Corrado lab searches for a doctoral candidate.
- The doctoral candidate will use a variety of in vitro biochemical and cell biological methods including unbiased -omics experiments, cytofluorimetry and imaging as well as in vivo experimental approaches to uncover molecular mechanisms and functions of cardiolipin synthesis and remodeling in immunity.
- We search for doctoral candidate ( Master Degree in Biology or Biotechnology) with a background in immunology, biochemistry, or molecular medicine.
WE OFFER YOU
- Continuous training in the field of immunology and Metabolism
- Access to state-of-the-art core facilities
- An interactive tailor-made educational program
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from 01.06.2021 on a part-time basis (25,89 hours per week). It is limited to of 3 years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with proof of the sought qualifications (include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, short description of master thesis and contact information for at least two references). The reference number is Wiss2103-23. The application deadline is 26.04.2021.
EURAXESS offer ID: 624894
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.