ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDArchitectureCommunication sciences › Science communicationComputer science › Computer hardwareComputer science › Computer systemsComputer science › Database managementComputer science › Digital systemsComputer science › InformaticsComputer science › ProgrammingComputer science › Systems designEngineering › Aerospace engineeringEngineering › Chemical engineeringEngineering › Civil engineeringEngineering › Control engineeringEngineering › Electronic engineeringEngineering › Industrial engineeringEngineering › Materials engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineeringEngineering › MicroengineeringEngineering › Simulation engineeringEngineering › Sound engineeringEngineering › SurveyingEnvironmental science › Natural resources managementMathematics › AlgorithmsMathematics › Applied mathematicsMathematics › Computational mathematicsMathematics › Mathematical analysisMathematics › Statistics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERTopic ICT-42-2017
The primary objective of the PhD Programme is to acquire the necessary skills to carry out highly qualified research activities in the field of structural and environmental monitoring and management. This requires i) knowledge on civil, chemical, material and environmental engineering to understand models as well as their evolutionary key indicators and also ii) knowledge of the key enabling technologies offered by the information engineering, with in particular the new paradigms for the implementation of systems based on sensors miniaturization, wireless connectivity and Web of Things. Candidates from civil and environmental engineering will receive specific training on information engineering as detailed in ii) and vice versa those candidates coming from the fields of information engineering will receive main training on point i), with the objective of promoting a multidisciplinary competence to the PhD candidates as well as to improve the development of their soft skills.
- Physical models (analytical and numerical), system identification
- Structural mechanics
- Fluid mechanics, hydrology and soil mechanics
- Geomatics and autoID
- Process safety and loss prevention
- Remote sensing and earth observation systems
- Climate change monitoring and control
- Positioning systems
- Sensors and actuators, interoperability and dependability
- Communication and sensor networks, Internet of Things, Web of Things
- Energy harvesting and power management
- ICT techniques for energy efficiency in buildings and cities
- Nondestructive tests, methods and technologies
- Signal and image processing, computer vision
- HW/SW design of embedded systems
- Machine learning applied to structural and environmental monitoring
- Advanced information processing methodologies, wearable computing, high performance computing
- Information management, big data, crowd sensing, data availability, data privacy and security
- Data modeling, data analysis/uncertainty, learning and cognitive analytics, prediction, decision support
- Domain specific platforms and services
- Modeling and simulation methodologies and tools for complex systems
- Safety, risk analysis and management
- Resilience and resilience engineering
- Logistics (in ordinary and extraordinary conditions)
- Optimization schemes/strategies
- Reliable systems design and project based learning
- Environmental multi-source pollution and control
- Sea pollution control and coastal management
- Emergency management and communication
- Circular economy and circular resource management.
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month).
Please, check the Call for applications
Qualifications and research proposal evaluation
More information in the PhD Programme Table.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants, regardless of age and citizenship status, can apply for the admission to the selection procedure if they have awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (Master’s Degree or Single Cycle Degree) awarded by an academic institution equivalent to the above mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree by no later than October, 31st 2021.
- Multi-annual research project, with special emphasis on the activities to be completed during the first-year course.
- Motivational letter.
- Publications in full text (monographs, articles published on scientific journals)
- Minor publications in full text (national and international conference papers, volume’s chapters, etc.)
- Abstracts and posters presented during national and international conferences, etc.- max n. 3
- University Master courses, Postgraduate vocational training programmes and/or specialisation programmes relevant to the PhD Programme
- Research activity - whether basic, applied, translational, etc. - carried out in any capacity, including when covered by research grants, and as a staff member of research projects
- Working activity
- Professional and/or training internships
- Language proficiency certificates
- Periods of study abroad, outside the country of origin (e.g. Erasmus programme or other similar mobility programmes)
- Other qualifications attesting the suitability of the applicants (scholarships, prizes, etc)
More information in the PhD Programme Table.
EURAXESS offer ID: 623051
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.