ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Applied physicsPhysics › Condensed matter propertiesPhysics › Neutron physicsPhysics › Quantum mechanicsPhysics › RelativityPhysics › Solid state physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The PhD in Physics has the purpose of completing the scientific training in Physics for the various research fields actively present in the Department of Physics and Astronomy, in the Bologna Sections of INFN and CNAF-INFN, and in the CNR Institutes of the Bologna area. The PhD programme aims to train researchers able to perform independent activities in the following sectors: Theoretical physics, Condensed matter physics, Nuclear and subnuclear physics, Applied physics and complex systems, Physics education and History of Physics. In the theoretical field, the PhD candidates should be able to build and study mathematical models to describe physical phenomena, while in the experimental field to conduct physics experiments in laboratories and critically analyze the results. In general the PhD candidates are trained to use the scientific method and achieve the ability to apply it in different contexts, making them eligible to take leadership positions in high-level organizations.
- Theoretical Physics
- Nuclear and Subnuclear Physics
- Physics of Condensed Matter, Atoms and Molecules
- Applied Physics and Complex Systems
- Physics Education and History of Physics
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month).
Please, check the Call for applications
Qualifications and research proposal evaluation
More information in the PhD Programme Table
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants, regardless of age and citizenship status, can apply for the admission to the selection procedure if they have awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (Master’s Degree or Single Cycle Degree) awarded by an academic institution equivalent to the above mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree by no later than October, 31st 2021.
- Multi-annual research project
- Abstract of the second cycle master’s degree thesis.
- Motivational letter
- No more than 2 reference letters
- List of the publications (monographs, articles published on scientific journals, volume’s chapters), minor publications (conference papers, etc.) and abstracts and posters presented during national and international conferences
- University Master courses, Postgraduate vocational training programmes and/or specialisation programmes relevant to the PhD Programme
- Teaching activity carried out at university level
- Research activity
- Working activity
- Professional and/or training internships
- Language proficiency certificates
- Periods of study abroad, outside the country of origin (e.g. Erasmus programme or other similar mobility programmes)
- Other qualifications attesting the suitability of the applicants (scholarships, prizes, etc)
More information in the PhD Programme Table.
EURAXESS offer ID: 623047
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.