ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
The learning goals of the PhD programme are as follows:
- We develop graduates with advanced knowledge of literature and theory in the fields of Oncology, Hematology and Pathology.
- We develop graduates with theoretical and practical knowledge of advanced research skills.
- We develop graduates capable of producing original research of quality appropriate for publication in high-impact scholarly journals.
- We develop graduates capable of producing translational research that applies to clinical challenges the avanced knowledge originating from laboratory research.
- Solid and hematological neoplasms.
- Immunoprevention and immunotherapy of tumors.
- Oncology, genomics, proteomics and targeted therapy of musculoskeletal sarcomas.
- Development of new therapies, biological and cellular therapies in pediatric onco-hematology (neuroblastoma, acute myeloid leukemia, leukemias and lymphomas of B cells).
- Radiotherapy, oncological radiodiagnostics, radiomics and radiobiology.
- Rare tumors.
- ERBB family receptors.
- Resistance to targeted therapies.
- Acute and chronic myeloproliferative syndromes.
- Lympho(immuno) proliferative diseases, monoclonal gammopathies and multiple myeloma.
- Molecular basis, genetic studies, and development of innovative and targeted drugs against adult oncohemopathies (acute and chronic leukemias, lymphomas and multiple myeloma).
- Molecular pathology of infections associated with implants: search of virulence factors of opportunistic microorganisms as etiologic agents of periprosthetic infections and pathogenic mechanisms.
- Plant toxins with N-glycosilase activity: mechanisms of cytotoxicity and immunotargeting.
- Alterations of protein glycosylation in pathological processes.
- Changes in ribosome biogenesis, cell proliferation and tumorigenesis.
- Immunology, genetics and epigenetics of aging, longevity and age-associated diseases.
- Allelic polymorphisms to identify risk factors associated with dementia and Alzheimer disease.
- Chronic pain.
- Omic data analysis.
- Genetic and epigenetic alterations as cancer diagnostic or prognostic biomarkers.
- Role of non-coding RNA in human cancer.
- Shiga toxin and hemolytic uremic syndrome.
- Human genomics and transcriptomics in normal conditions and in genetic disorders.
- Stem cells, differentiation and development.
- Nutrition, microbiota and cancer.
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month).
Please, check the Call for applications
Evaluation of the qualifications
More information in the PhD Programme Table
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants, regardless of age and citizenship status, can apply for the admission to the selection procedure if they have awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (Master’s Degree or Single Cycle Degree) awarded by an academic institution equivalent to the above mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree by no later than October, 31st 2021.
- Abstract of the second cycle master’s degree thesis.
- Personal Statement.
- No more than 2 reference letters
- List of the publications (monographs, articles published on scientific journals, volume’s chapters), minor publications (conference papers, etc.) and abstracts and posters presented during academic conferences, etc.
More information in the PhD Programme Table.
EURAXESS offer ID: 623046
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.