ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDMathematics › AlgebraMathematics › Applied mathematicsMathematics › Computational mathematicsMathematics › GeometryMathematics › Mathematical analysisMathematics › Probability theory
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
PhD researchers will have a qualified and specific training in all the research field of mathematics, and will be able to perform an autonomous research activity in pure or applied math. Indeed they will receive a deep training in a large spectrum of emergent scientific problems, and a personalized training in a specific mathematical field. Hence, he/she will be able to develop mathematical theories in new directions or to develop models which require a deep mathematical knowledge problems. The PhD will be able to study and solve new problems posed by different fields with a rigorous mathematical approach. For this reason he will have carrier opportunities either in academic endeavor where pure research can be developed, or in industrial, financial or biomedical context where applied math is developed, or he/she could cover responsibility positions in private or public research centers. Finally he/she will be able to work in any context where project and management skillls are required.
Main research fields:
- Partial differential equations
- Calculus of variations
- Harmonic analysis
- Probability theory
- Algebraic geometry
- Commutative algebra
- Complex analysis
- Algebraic topology
- Group theory
- Continuum mechanics
- Electromagnetic theory
- Statistical Mechanics and Quantum mechanics
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory
- Numerical methods for the solutions of large linear and nonlinear systems
- Mathematical finance
- Numerical models and methods for inverse problems and image processing
- Mathematical neuroscience
- Data analysis
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month).
Please, check the Call for applications
More information and details in the PhD Programme Table
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants, regardless of age and citizenship status, can apply for the admission to the selection procedure if they have awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (Master’s Degree or Single Cycle Degree) awarded by an academic institution equivalent to the above mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree by no later than October, 31st 2021.
- Abstract of the second cycle degree thesis.
- No more than 3 reference letters
- Personal statement
- List of publications, minor publications and abstracts and posters presented during academic conferences
- University Master Courses, Postgraduate vocational training programmes and/or specialisation programmes relevant to the PhD programme
- Research activity
- Study periods completed by students outside their countries of origin (e.g. Erasmus programme or other similar mobility programmes).
- Other qualifications attesting the suitability of the applicants (scholarships, prizes, etc).
More information in the PhD Programme Table.
EURAXESS offer ID: 623017
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.