RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Jülich
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
INM-3 - Kognitive Neurowissenschaften
Area of research:
Researchers at the Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine - Cognitive Neuroscience (INM-3) investigate the neural mechanisms underlying motor and cognitive (dys-)function in healthy subjects and patients suffering from neurological and psychiatric disorders. The successful candidate will be part of the Rehabilitation of Cognitive Disorders group headed by Professor Christian Grefkes. Our scientific mission is to further the understanding of stroke-induced disturbances in brain networks and the development of novel brain stimulation strategies to promote recovery of function. To achieve this, we combine neuroimaging (structural/functional MRI, electro-encephalography) and computational neuroscience with technical interventions (TMS) that allow us to enhance neural plasticity and neurorehabilitation. The research activities are embedded in the recently established Collaborative Research Centre (CRC, Sonderforschungsbereich 1451) on the neural mechanisms of motor control (www.crc1451.de) in collaboration with the University of Cologne. More information can be found at: www.fz-juelich.de/inm/inm-3/EN/Home/home_node.html
- Acquisition and analysis of (ultra-) highfield (f)MRI data and/or TMS-EEG data
- Investigating healthy participants and patients with motor deficits
- Interaction with a dynamic multidisciplinary team members and collaborators from Psychology, Medicine, and Computational Neuroscience as well as the University Hospital Cologne
- Presentation and publication of the results at international conferences and in peer-reviewed journals
- Completed study in Psychology, Neuroscience, Mathematics, Informatics, Bioengineering or related discipline
- An affinity to programming, including programming skills in Matlab, Pyton or similar programs
- Previous research experience with systems neuroscience techniques (psychophysics, EEG, fMRI, TMS etc.) is desirable
- Advanced English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Intrinsic motivation, initiative, and an ability to work independently
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We offer ideal conditions for you to complete your doctoral degree:
- A highly motivated working group as well as an international and interdisciplinary working environment at one of Europe’s largest research establishments
- Outstanding scientific and technical infrastructure - ideal conditions for successfully completing a doctoral degree
- Opportunity to participate in (international) conferences and project meetings
- Continuous scientific mentoring by your scientific advisor
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. via a comprehensive further training programme
A structured doctoral degree programme for you and your supervisors with a comprehensive further training and networking package on our doctoral researchers’ platform JuDocs www.fz-juelich.de/judocs
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
The position is initially for a fixed term of 3 years. Pay in line with 65% of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and additionally 60 % of a monthly salary as special payment („Christmas bonus“). Further information on doctoral degrees at Forschungszentrum Jülich including our other locations is available at: www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_DocsForschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany's largest scientific organisation.
EURAXESS offer ID: 622565
Posting organisation offer ID: 2021D-044
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.