ORGANISATION/COMPANYWrocław University of Science and Technology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
The candidate is expected to conduct scientific research and publish the results in reputable journals, be active in obtaining grants, engaged in teaching activities, participate in the organizational work of the Faculty. The preferred scope of scientific activity includes theoretical physics, in particular: condensed matter physics, statistical physics, quantum theory and relativistic physics.
- conducting scientific research in accordance with the research profile defined in the job description,
- teaching basics of physics, mathematics or programming, as well as theoretical physics, within undergraduate and graduate studies,
- scientific collaboration with external institutions,
- applying for research grants,
- participation in organizational work ordered by the heads of the Department, Faculty and University.
- cover letter containing the candidate’s corresponding address and email address, as well as the reference number of the call,
- application to the Rector of Wrocław University of Science and Technology for employment as an assistant professor in the case of winning the contest,
- CV ,
- copy of the diploma certifying the possession of the degree,
- a single PDF file with a summary of professional accomplishments in research and teaching, including:
- education, employment, scientific degrees and professional titles,
- a brief description of scientific achievements along with descriptions of the candidate’s contributions to the most important publications,
- a list of publications over the last five calendar years with the indication of point value according to the recent Ministry of Science and Higher Education list,
- the total number of citations excluding self-citations of all authors and the Hirsch index (according to Scopus),
- a list of current and past research projects with the indication of the candidate’s role, as well as a list of scholarships and fellowships awarded via an open contest based on a research proposal,
- information on post-doc terms and other academic internships not shorter than 3 months,
- a list of the most important lectures at conferences and seminars,
- information on competences and achievements in teaching, as well as achievements in organizing academic teaching,
- summary of the research plan for the next three years in the context of active research areas,
- recommendation letter from a group leader, supervisor or scientific advisor, evaluating the achievements and perspectives for future academic development of the candidate towards full academic independence (should be send by email directly to the chair of the contest committee: firstname.lastname@example.org),
- statement of the candidate that Wroclaw University of Technology will be the primary place of work in case of winning the competition,
- candidate's statement on meeting the conditions of art. 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science,
- signed consent to the processing of personal data in order to participate in the competition together with information regarding the processing of personal data; see the template below.
- employment in a prestigious University,
- work in a world-class scientific environment,
- the possibility of implementing research plans and further professional advancement.
Candidates who meet the conditions set out in the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws 2018 item 1668) and in the Statute of the Wrocław University of Technology may enter the competition.
- research achievements including the level of the journals where the candidate published (50%),
- grants, fellowships and scholarships based on research proposals, post-doc terms and scientific mobility (20%),
- proposed plan of research (20%),
- teaching achievements and competence (10%).
The selection process consists of two rounds:
- Formal verification of the applications and scoring against the evaluation criteria listed above.
- Interview. The interview questions will concern the candidate’s scientific accomplishments and plans for future research.
Only selected candidates will be invited to interview. For these candidates the interview will be part of an aggregate result for evaluation criteria 1 and 3. The second round of the selection process may not be organized.
Decision: till 15th June 2021
Applications should be sent by email to the chair of the selection committee: email@example.com. Only the successful candidate who is offered the position will be required to provide hard copies of the documents.
The information clause and the consent clause for personal data processing for Candidates in competitions for academic positions
- We would like to inform you:
The administrator of Wrocław University of Science and Technology is Rector with headquarter in Wrocław, Stanisław Wyspiański 27 and he decides about the purposes and methods of personal data processing that you provide.
Contact details of the administrator
The administrator can be contacted via a form and data placed on the website www.pwr.edu.pl/kontakt, or in writing to the address of the administrator's office.
Contact details of the personal data protection officer
The administrator has appointed a person performing the tasks of the Information Security Administrator and the Personal Data Protection Inspector (IOD), with whom one can contact via the e-mail address: IOD@pwr.edu.pl. The IODs can be contacted in all matters concerning personal data processing and the use of rights related to data processing.
All further regulations regarding data privacy according to §13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 may be found under https://wppt.pwr.edu.pl/pracownicy/konkursy
- PhD degree in physics,
- substantial academic achievements in theoretical physics, documented by publications in scientific journals over the last five years,
- academic teaching competence in the fields of basics of physics and mathematics, programming, or theoretical physics,
- language competence in English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 622393
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.