ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringChemistry › BiochemistryPharmacological sciences › Toxicology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Description of work and tasks:
- participation in research work under the NCN SONATA-BIS9 project „Bioconjugates labeled with alpha- and beta-particle emitting radionuclides as potential radiopharmaceuticals in Targeted Radionuclide Therapy” – a short description of the project is presented below.
“Cancer is the second leading cause of deaths in the world and its incidence steadily increases. Although incremental success have been achieved with more selective therapies targeting biomarkers typical for a cancer cell, still a large part of patients cannot be cured. Incomplete eradication of residual tumor cells and acquired drug resistance influence on relapse and progression of disease, especially in very aggressive and metastatic breast, ovarian and gastric cancers overexpressing HER2 receptor. Targeted radionuclide therapy (TRT) uses radionuclides attached to cancer-specific molecules to selectively deliver radiation to the tumor. The aim of this project is to develop novel radiobioconjugates based on anti-HER2 biomolecules labeled with α- and β-particle emitting radionuclides as potential new radiopharmaceuticals for TRT.”
- participation in the preparation of bioconjugates based on biomolecules with attached chelating ligands such as: DOTA, DTPA, DFO etc., which then will be labeled with radioactive isotopes, e.g. Ac-225, Th-227, I-131, Y-90 etc.
- performing of in vitro cell assays, including: immunoreactivity, receptor binding affinity and specificity assays on tumor cells, cytotoxicity tests (e.g. cell proliferation, clonogenic assay, DNA double-strand break analysis), 3D cell culture etc.;
- supervision over ongoing doctoral and master’s theses;
- writing reports, publication and conference abstracts.
- an employment contract for a period of 24 months: 10000 PLN/month (gross salary contains all costs of the employee and the employer);
- possibility of accommodation at the Institute’s assistant dormitory (approx.. 300 PLN/month);
- interdisciplinary cooperation with national (e.g. National Centre for Nuclear Research, University of Warsaw) and international scientific institutions (e.g. Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Czech Technical University, Duke University – Durham/USA);
- possibility of professional development within the position taken;
- work with the use of modern research equipment.
- CV presenting the candidate’s scientific achievements and experience;
- motivation letter;
- reference letters (min. 2) from academic/professional referees;
- a copy of the doctoral diploma;
- signed declaration with the following statements:
”I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology (INCT) in Warsaw (Dorodna 16, Warsaw) for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process’.
“I declare that I have read the INCT information regarding the processing of personal data”.
Employment in the offered position is possible immediately. Applications will be assessed shortly after receipt. If none of the applications meet the required criteria, the call will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Please send the documents to the Principal Investigator Marek Pruszyński, PhD, DSc: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the email: “Call for a post-doc position in the project No 2019/34/E/ST4/00080”.
Information on personal data managment:
The administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology in Warsaw (Dorodna 16, Warsaw). Contact details of the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com. Personal data is processed for the purpose of the recruitment process, based on your voluntary consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but the withdrawal of consent does not affect the compliance of the processing which was carried out on its basis prior to the withdrawal of consent. Personal data will be processed until you withdraw your consent to the processing of data in the recruitment process, but no longer than until the end of the recruitment in which you participate. Your personal data may be transferred to third countries that ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data. Providing data is voluntary, but necessary for the recruitment in which you are participating. You have the right to access your personal data, rectify it, delete or limit processing, the right to transfer data and the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalentChemistry: PhD or equivalentPharmacological sciences: PhD or equivalent
- PhD in chemistry, biology, biotechnology or related field (received up to 7 years before signing the employment contract under the project);
- documented scientific achievements in the form of peer-reviewed articles in JRC journals;
- fluent English, spoken and written, enabling efficient communication and preparation of scientific articles;
- strong motivation for scientific work and assimilation of new knowledge and technical skills;
- good interpersonal and communication skills, to be able to work in a multi-cultural environment both independently and as a part of a team.
Would be appreciated experience in the field of:
- attaching various compounds to biomolecules;
- analytical methods (e.g. dialysis, HPLC);
- cell culture and cellular research (e.g. toxicity/proliferation assays, work with a flow cytometer, work with a fluorescence or confocal microscope);
- work with open radioactive sources.
EURAXESS offer ID: 622361
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.