ORGANISATION/COMPANYCentral European Institute of Technology of Masaryk University
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistry › Biochemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Brno
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
in Structural Virology group
of Pavel Plevka
Description: We seek a post-doctoral scientist to join the Pavel Plevka lab of structural virology at CEITEC (http://plevkalab.ceitec.cz). We use cryo-electron microscopy and tomography to determine three-dimensional structures of viruses and study their replication in infected cells. We aim to provide structural information for development of anti-viral drugs and phage therapy. We study human viruses from the families Picornaviridae and Flaviviridae. Our phage studies are focused on biofilms of Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Our lab is part of the Structural Biology program at CEITEC. We have access to in-house electron microscopes: Titan Krios equipped with Falcon3 and K2 detectors, Talos Arctica, TF20, and dual beam microscope Versa 3D for cryo-focused ion beam milling. The group includes technicians to assist with routine laboratory tasks.
- The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology, or informatics.
- The applicant must have demonstrated the ability to pursue his/her research projects independently.
- A positive attitude towards programming, scripting, and Unix-based systems is desired.
- Knowledge of structural biology and tissue culture methods is a plus but not required.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- In-house core facilities for cryo-EM and light imaging with expert support.
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service).
- Six weeks of paid holiday.
Anticipated start date: Negotiable
To apply, please send your CV, including the contact information of two referees and a complete list of publications, by filling the online application. If you have any problems with filling the application, please contact Veronika Slezáková at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 31.5. 2021
For further information about:
- Plevka lab: http://plevkalab.ceitec.cz
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- Masaryk University, please visit https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617
EURAXESS offer ID: 622340
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.