ORGANISATION/COMPANYCeMM - Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › BiologyChemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/06/2021 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2021
Technical Assistant in Chemical Screening (m/f/d)
The Chemical Screening facility at CeMM, the Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna, is recruiting a highly motivated Technical Assistant. You have a background in biology, chemistry or a related ﬁeld and are curious to learn about working with robots and are fascinated by the possibilities of miniaturized and automated lab work? You like to use state-of-the-art lab equipment and would like to become an expert in high-throughput methods? You enjoy working on a variety of diﬀerent projects in close collaboration with project partners? You have an eye for details and are eager to produce high-quality data? Then you might be the right person for this position!
The successful applicant will work at our fully integrated high-throughput screening platform and will have access to state-of-the-art instrumentation (high-content automated microscope, plate reader, liquid handling workstation, plate washer, dispensers). The main responsibility will be the support of various internal and external cell-based and biochemical screening projects, including computational and wet-lab assay preparation, assay execution, basic data analysis and communication with project partners. Additional tasks include routine maintenance of screening equipment and compound libraries as well as organizational support, including ordering, general lab management and documentation. Thus, the candidate will be trained to become an expert in a variety of high-throughput techniques. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work in an innovative research environment and collaborate closely with other groups at CeMM and external project partners.
- Degree in biology, chemistry or a related ﬁeld (B.Sc., M.Sc., Mag., DI, MTA, CTA)
- Experience with wet-lab techniques, including mammalian cell culture and buﬀer preparation
- Experience in high-throughput screening, assay development and miniaturization, bioinformatics and liquid handling are a plus but are not mandatory
- Very good command of English
- Excellent computer skills (MS oﬃce, especially Excel) are essential
- Willingness to acquire competency in specialized screen software is essential
- Basic understanding of metabolism and/or biochemistry is of advantage
- High accuracy and reliability
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational talent
About the Institute
CeMM is a ﬂagship institute for biomedical research in the heart of Europe, Vienna. CeMM is committed to highest scientiﬁc standards. The environment is very collaborative, dynamic and international. One of CeMM`s advantages is to be in close proximity to the Vienna Medical University Campus and the General Hospital (AKH). This allows the fruitful interaction of basic scientists with clinicians, and the use of models and cutting-edge technology to disease-relevant biological questions. According to a study by The Scientist, CeMM is ranked as the best European place to work in Academia 2012, internationally CeMM appears at the fourth place. The oﬃcial language at CeMM is English, and more than 48 diﬀerent nationalities are represented at the institute. The Chemical Screening Facility at CeMM provides internal and external researchers and project partners with access to chemical biology resources, including a 92,000 compound library as well as high-throughput and high-content screening equipment, to identify and characterize small molecules that aﬀect new targets for studying biological processes and developing new drugs. A highly skilled and motivated team provides support during all stages, from library and compound selection to assay planning, computational and wet-lab assay preparation, assay execution and data analysis. We oﬀer well established routine assays but also implement special methods and provide support for assay development and miniaturization. (Schick Nat Genet 2021, 2019; Licciardello Nat Chem Biol 2017, Reicher Genome Res 2020)
- a challenging position in a meaningful, inspiring, international setting
- an excellent work climate and the oﬀer to join our social (cultural or sports) activities
- health insurance and company health care
- a competitive salary: This position is remunerated with a minimum yearly (gross) salary of € 33,000 on a full time base. The deﬁnite salary agreement will be made during the personal interview.
- CeMM oﬀers support with relocation, visa applications, onboarding, family support etc. a daily bonus for the in-house cafeteria
We oﬀer a great working environment for passionate scientists and an attractive employee beneﬁts package. Please click here https://cemm.jobbase.io/apply/m7i87viiw6o1lkmqtan04cnap5jy4c9
to apply online with your application documents (cover letter, CV and names and contact details of 2 referees).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is ﬁlled.
Start of work: 01.06.2021
EURAXESS offer ID: 622301
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.