ORGANISATION/COMPANYMedizinische Universität Wien (Medical University of Vienna)
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
The Medical University of Vienna (MedUni Vienna) with more than 5.500 employees and about 8.000 students is one of the largest academic medical schools in the EU area. At the Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain Medicine of the MedUni Vienna and the General Hospital of the City of Vienna (AKH) a Professorship Position for Pain Medicine according to §98 UG is available, starting October 1st, 2021.We offer an employment with indefinite duration according to the Salaried Employees Act. The Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain Medicine is divided into three clinical divisions: 1) Division of General Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, 2) Division of Special Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine, 3) Division of Cardiac Thoracic Vascular Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine. The successful applicant will be head of the Clinical Division of Special Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine.
The MedUni Vienna aims to increase the proportion of women in executive positions and therefore expressly invites qualified female candidates to apply. In case of equivalent qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Applications must be submitted in English to the Rector of the Medical University of Vienna, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 31st, 2021 at the latest. Applications should include (i) curriculum vitae, (ii) list of publications, (iii) summary of research and teaching activities, (iv) presentation of experiences in the area of organization, management, leadership tasks and performance planning, (v) the ten best publications according to the opinion of the applicant (original scientific papers or reviews appropriate to this announcement) with the possibility of electronic downloading. Applicants are requested to complete the form (FactSheet) posted online and to attach it to their application: https://www.meduniwien.ac.at/Factsheet_Professuren
Information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation can be found at: https://www.meduniwien.ac.at/Datenschutz_Professuren/.
Professor Markus Müller, MD
- Graduation in Medicine with a subject specific doctorate or an equivalent foreign university degree;
- Qualification as a specialist for anaesthesia and intensive care medicine or equivalent foreign authority; broad training in pain medicine, including interventional invasive methods;
- Profound clinical and scientific qualification in the field of pain management, including clinical-experimental research;
- Successful acquisition of competitive third-party funds;
- Several years of leadership and management experience, in particular also for the leadership of a hospital section of the highest care level, including gender and diversity competence;
- Experience in interdisciplinary cooperation;
- Educational and didactic qualification;
- International experience.
Expected from the applicant:
- Competence for interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary work within the scope of the department structures and research clusters described in the University’s development plan, in particular neuroscience, Comprehensive Center for Perioperative Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center;
- Close cooperation with the core subject areas neurology, neurosurgery, psychiatry, oncology, orthopedics, radiotherapy;
- Promoting the key note “High-Tech Preventive Medicine”, “Translational Medicine” and the topic “Patient Safety” as described in the University’s development plan;
- Implementation of the complete subject area in the medical curriculum aimed at integrative and practice oriented training;
- Competence in employee leadership and motivation as well as for the continuation and optimization of the clinical services and procedures in cooperation with other disciplines and clinics as well as the management of the General Hospital of the City of Vienna;
- Commitment to quality outcome orientation and willingness to further enhance the personal management qualifications.
EURAXESS offer ID: 621558
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.