ORGANISATION/COMPANYDelft University of Technology (TU Delft)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/04/2021 01:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Delft
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The Bioprocess Engineering research group aims to develop novel concepts for compact, clean and efficient biotechnological manufacturing processes, starting from the fundamental and quantitative knowledge of biomolecular mechanisms, and integrating advanced technological, theoretical and experimental methods. Three directions can be distinguished: high-throughput measurement and modelling of biomolecular properties (1), equipment development (2), and bioprocess integration (3), which are applied to biopharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, bio-based chemicals, and bio-energy.
For the ISPT CM-20-09 project, a Post-Doctoral researcher is sought with a background in (bio) chemical engineering with a focus on process systems engineering. In this project advanced flow sheeting calculations are used to design and optimize processes for the extraction of plant based proteins with regards to yield, purity, energy efficiency and minimal utilities use in close collaboration with DSM, one of our industrial partners. We are therefore looking for a colleague with interest in energy and utility efficient design of processes for the production of industrially relevant food proteins. He/she will further develop and strengthen our bio process systems engineering based design and analysis approach.
- Duration of contract: 2 years.
- This is a full time position for 38 hours.
- Start salary € € 2.790,00 - € 4.402,00
- A salary according to the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
- The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
- Discount with health insurers.
- Flexible working week.
- Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice package.
- Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
- Attention for working healthy and energetically with the Health Coach Program.
Only for more information about this position, you can contact Associate Professor Marcel Ottens, e-mail: M.Ottens@tudelft.nl
The vacancy will closed on 19 April 2021.
Web site for additional job details
The ideal candidate has:
- an MSc in (bio)chemical engineering, or an equivalent program
- a PhD related to (bio)chemical engineering or food process engineering
- profound expertise in process modeling
- proficiency in English
- affinity with research at the interface of academia and industry
EURAXESS offer ID: 621301
Posting organisation offer ID: 299163
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.