ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculty of Physics, University of Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Computational chemistryChemistry › Physical chemistryPhysics › Chemical physicsPhysics › Computational physicsPhysics › Condensed matter properties
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/06/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warszawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
Research work will be carried out at the Faculty of Physics at the University of Warsaw within a NCN-funded research project on Impact of atomic composition and strong coupling on generation of hot charge carriers in metal nanoparticle-adsorbate structures.
The scholarship holder will perform research at the intersection of electrodynamics, materials engineering, and condensed matter by studying mechanisms of generating hot charge carriers in nanostructures composed of metallic nanoparticles. The goal of the project is to understand how the atomic content and structural properties of nanoparticles as well as strong coupling to plasmonic excitations affect hot carrier generation. The theoretical and numerical work will be carried out with foreign.
Benefits are in accordance with Polish employment laws for PhD students. Up to 48 month scholarship based on NCN regulations (https://ncn.gov.pl) .
At the start of the scholarship the successful candidate is a PhD student, participating in doctoral studies conducted by an authorized organizational unit of the university, a scientific institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences, a research institute or an international scientific institute operating within the Republic of Poland established on the basis of separate regulations;
An application for the position should contain:
- A cover letter with personal data processing consent. An email application should contain a scanned and signed PDF document. Personal data processing consent form is available at https://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/sites/18/2021/01/Klauzula-informacyjna-przy-rekrutacji-do-pracy_11_2019_EN.docx . In the application please reference the project title: Impact of atomic composition and strong coupling on generation of hot charge carriers in metal nanoparticle-adsorbate structures
- CV containing information of on past scientific activity and achievements, a list of completed courses with final grades, and a description of scientific interests.
- publication or conference participation list with, if possible, appended copies of the publications or presentations/posters; a copy of the current version of the Master thesis
- copies of awarded degree certificates if available or expected date of MSc defense
- contact details for at least one person willing to issue a reference letter
- other documents required by the Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences
Irrespective of applying for this scholarship, the candidate should apply for a position in a PhD School at the University of Warsaw (https://szkolydoktorskie.uw.edu.pl/en/sdnsip-2/ and https://szkolydoktorskie.uw.edu.pl/en/recruitment-2021-2022-4/?school=sdnsip). This will allow the candidate to potentially receive the basic University PhD scholarship and the one in the project.
For more information and/or help in navigating the PhD School’s requirements please email at email@example.com
- there are two parallel recruitment process – one for the PhD Doctoral School (see links above) and within this project (see below)
- submission deadline is 28.06.2021
- Possible interview dates will be offered to selected candidates on an individual basis. The interview may be conducted in person or online. The recruitment procedure will be finalized by 30.07.2021
- In the case of resignation of a selected candidate, the position will be offered subsequent candidates from the selection ranking list.
Language of the selection process, including the interview
The interview shall be carried out in Polish or English – in accordance with the candidate’s preferences presented in IRK. If the Polish language is selected, the interview may include parts in English.
The scholarship is awarded according to the National Centre of Science Regulations on Awarding Scholarships in NCN Funded Research Projects, as detailed in the Annex to resolution no 25/2019 of the Council of the NCN on the 14th of March, 2019.
Details on the parallel recruitment procedure into the Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences is available at
To participate in the full recruitment procedure of the University of Warsaw, the University levies a 150 PLN recruitment fee.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- basic knowledge of electrodynamics, plasmonics, nanophotonics, and condensed matter
- experience of computational methods in density functional theory and/or electrodynamics
- experience in Python, optionally also scripting in Matlab
- good command of spoken and written English
- current PhD student or participant in a PhD school or holder of an MSc degree or a Master student in his/her final year whose MSc defense is scheduled before the starting date of the scholarship.
EURAXESS offer ID: 619994
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.