ORGANISATION/COMPANYNational Centre for Nuclear Research
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Quantum mechanicsPhysics › Relativity
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE25/03/2021
The Fundamental Research Department at the National Centre for Nuclear Research, Warsaw, invites applications for a post-doctoral research position. Department is conducting research in many disciplines of fundamental physics including: general theory of relativity, cosmology, quantum physics, nuclear physics, particle physics, high energy physics
This position is funded by the National Science Centre, under the Sonata-15 grant (PI: Jan Ostrowski) titled: ‘Cosmology beyond perturbation theory’. The main aim of this project is to model the Universe on cosmological scales with an exact, inhomogeneous solutions or properly averaged Einstein equations, however other related topics are also acceptable.
- PhD in physics, astronomy or related disciplines;
- experience in general relativity and/or cosmology is required;
- experience in modelling light propagation in a non-trivial space-times will be an advantage.
- copy of the PhD diploma;
- list of publications;
- two recommendation letters;
- short research statement.
- Appointment will be for a two-year term starting no sooner than October 2021, with a possible extension for a third year depending on the performance;
- Monthly salary is 10k PLN before tax;
- Additional budget for scientific visits and participation in conferences is also available.
- dr Jan Jakub Ostrowski,
Applications in electronic form should be submitted to: Jan.Jakub.Ostrowski@ncbj.gov.pl by May 25th, 2021.
Please include the following statements in the last section of your application:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
For more information, see:
EURAXESS offer ID: 619954
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.