ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat de Barcelona
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/04/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK15
OFFER STARTING DATE12/04/2021
We are aiming at recruiting a four months junior research assistant to join our research group (AINSR) in the tasks associated to the development of WP06 (Evaluation and Monitring) in the Young People with Values project, YoPeVa.
The aim of the YoPeva project is to scale-up good practice and elaborate a European training program for youg people out of the education and labour structures and standards, providing them with a solid value system, the adequate skills and the competencies to become integrated into the labour market or to re-join the standard educational path. Our Workpackage in the project (WP06) is responsible for the Evaluation and monitoring of the project.
The candidat will assist in the following tasks: Communication with partners, reports and briefings writing, database management, assisting evaluations (qualitative and quantitative techniques).
Skills and qualifications:
- Computer skills: Good Microsoft Office management skills; Excellent management of statistical packages (SPSS/STATA/R/SAS); management of databases.
- Communication skills: Excellent oral communication skills; experience in writing reports and briefings for professional use.
- Management skills: effective time management, initiative and problem-solving attitudes, good organizational skills and reporting, ability to work independently, and capacity to contribute to research projects with novel research ideas and analysis.
- Advanced English level required (C1). Spanish and Catalan highly rewarded
- Proven research interest in social inequalities and social problems
- Previous experience in working with young people (associations, foundations, either public or private institutions)
- Hardworking and committed person, team worker, responsible person
- Preferably under 25
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
Please send your application to:
- Subject: Application for YoPeVa
Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply.
Priority will be given to people with disabilities.
The project is funded by the EU program Erasmus+ KA366: Social inclusion through education, training and youth.
- Research interests
- Skills and requirements listed
- First selection of candidates based on CV and letter of interest
- Interviews by a panel of academics from the University of Barcelona (via skype or in person)
- Possible invitation to on-site interview with a short presentation
It is a temporary contract (4 months) and part-time (15h/week). There is the possibility to extend the duration of the contract up to a maximum of 4 additional months.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentFRENCH: GoodSPANISH: Mother Tongue
EURAXESS offer ID: 619943
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.