ORGANISATION/COMPANYCentre Internacional de Mètodes Numèrics en la Enginyeria
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Title of the PhD project: Computational Assessment and Optimization of Metallic Additive Manufacturing Processes
This project aims to the development of computational techniques for the numerical simulation and optimization of Additive Manufacturing processes.
The possibilities of Additive Manufacturing (AM) compared to conventional manufacturing are the cause of its great usefulness for designing new components and parts due to its flexibility and versatility. The performance of AM components is very much related to the manufacturing process optimization. Therefore, the numerical simulation and optimization of the AM process is the main goal of this proposal.
One of the main task of the PhD research is the development of a Reduced Order Model (ROM) of the melt-pool (both thermal and mechanical models) allowing for a great improvement of the computational time required for the thermo-mechanical analysis.
The prospective outcome of the thesis is to contribute in the development of the ROM-AM module within the in-house HPC software framework for the numerical simulation of AM processes.
The functions assigned to the candidate will be:
- Complete a PhD on Structural Analysis at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – Barcelona Tech. The candidate is expected to complete the PhD thesis in a maximum of three years.
- Collaborate with various research groups within CIMNE and worldwide.
- To publish a minimum of three papers in JCR journals during the PhD period, author and co-author articles in high-impact international journals.
- Carry out quality research, training and management.
- Participate on the dissemination and outreach activities associated with the project.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- The position is aimed at students (Spanish nationals, EU and non EU citizens) who have completed one of the following options:
- The studies that lead to an official Spanish, or European Higher Education Area, 1st cycle university degree (BSc) in Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering and that have 180 credits (ECTS) of an official university degree.
- A degree from a non-European Higher Education Area university that gives access to MSc studies in Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent academic record.
- Advanced knowledge of Continuum and Computational Mechanics (master level).
- High working knowledge of English (Minimum B2).
- Programming skills: Fortran 2008 Object Oriented, Python
- Windows and Linux OS
- Previous research or academic experience in the field of the position
- Language skills: Spanish
EURAXESS offer ID: 619594
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.