ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceManagement sciencesMathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. The University`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, four Master programmes of Management and Economics and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses. It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance. Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors. Rooted in Luxembourg but with a European and international outlook, the Faculty counts three departments:
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics and Management
- Department of Finance
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s leading international financial centre and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub at the heart of Europe.
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s leading international financial centre and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub at the heart of Europe
The doctoral candidate
- Will be working within the Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LCL) that is part of the Department of Economics and Management and is a member of the MIT global Supply Chain And Logistics Excellence (SCALE) network.
- Is expected to prepare a doctoral thesis consisting of original and innovative research that is publishable in leading international journals. The primary thesis supervisor will be an LCL faculty member, but the LCL encourages the doctoral candidate to do joint research with international scholars.
- Will be enrolled in the Doctoral Programme in Operations Management and is required to complete 20 ECTS credits through course work at the University of Luxembourg and/or elsewhere.
- Is expected to contribute to research projects of the centre. Some of these projects are carried out in collaboration with industry partners.
- Will have the opportunity to conduct an international research stay.
- Will contribute to the teaching of classes (small group teachings and tutorials) ranging from one to three hours per week and/or supporting applied master theses.
- Outstanding Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related (quantitatively focused) fields.
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g. Matlab, Python, etc.).
- Good command of English.
- An exciting international and multilingual research environment and the possibility to work within a research team focused on enforcement in multi-level regulatory systems.
- Personal workspace (full-time contract requires the doctoral candidate to work at the University premises).
- Travel opportunities for training and learning.
- The University offers highly competitive salaries based on the candidate's experience and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Number of positions: 2
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 36 Month - extendable up to 48 months if required
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Employee and student status
- Job Reference: UOL04043 - F2-50010853 and F2-50012586
Applications should include:
- A motivation letter.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A transcript of concluded university studies.
- Copy of thesis. If your thesis is not in English, please provide an extended abstract of your thesis in English (3-4 pages).
- The names of at least two references (including the current position and relationship to the applicant).
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
For more information concerning this position, please contact Prof. Benny Mantin (email@example.com).
EURAXESS offer ID: 619572
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.