ORGANISATION/COMPANYCentre Internacional de Mètodes Numèrics en la Enginyeria
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Castelldefels
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Title of the PhD project: Human-machine interaction for the engineering world
Motivation: development of applications for the construction sector through virtual reality technologies, new modes of visualization (stereoscopic and interactive screens) and handling of 3D models (evolution of the mouse), as new GUIs for other emerging technologies (digital twins, computer vision, internet of things, drones, cloud computing). The expected outcome of this work is a new framework to facilitate and automate the creation of mixed reality experiences for the AECO (Architectural, Engineering, Construction and Operations) sector, with the following components:
- 3D models, based on the Building Information Modelling (BIM) ecosystem (models and software), N-dimensional;
- ICT frameworks, communication, databases of models and objects, client/server architecture;
- Arts, narratives and serious games to provide sense of purpose to the engineering tools;
Specific outcomes are the following:
(a) Virtual reality learning pills;
(b) Design tools for the building industry (safety, accessibility, maintenance, operations);
(c) Plug-in to simulation programs;
(d) Link to other data sources and technologies (sensors, cameras, computer vision);
The functions assigned to the candidate will be:
- Complete a PhD degree in an engineering program (ICT/Computer Science) at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – Barcelona Tech. The candidate is expected to complete the PhD thesis in a maximum of three years.
- Collaborate with various research groups within CIMNE and worldwide.
- To publish a minimum of two papers in JCR journals during the PhD period, author and co-author articles in high-impact international journals.
- Carry out quality research, training and management.
- Participate on the dissemination and outreach activities associated with the project.
- Participate in international conferences presenting her/his work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Studies in ICT (Telecommunication/Computer engineering preferred), Civil Engineering or architecture.
- Skills: programming (C#), frameworks, gaming, unity3d, client-server/rich client, databases.
- Soft skills: high social skills, teamwork oriented, excellent communication skills, oral and written, good command of English.
- An enthusiastic attitude to conduct research, being hard-working and critic.
EURAXESS offer ID: 619495
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.