ORGANISATION/COMPANYMax Planck Institute of Biophysics
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › BiologyChemistry › BiochemistryComputer scienceMathematicsPhysics › Biophysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Frankfurt
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
The International Max Planck Research School on Cellular Biophysics (IMPRS-CBP) is an international doctoral training program hosted by the Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Goethe University Frankfurt, and Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
Our mission is to train graduate students to tackle one of the ultimate biological challenges: to understand how complex subcellular architecture is created from individual molecular functions that act in concert.
• State-of-the-art equipment for research in the field of biophysics: Our participating institutions host facilities for cryo-EM, Xray crystallography, NMR, mass spectrometry, advanced light microscopy, and large-scale computing.
• An interdisciplinary setup: researchers from structural biology, cell biology, neurobiology, molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry and computational biology but also physics, mathematics and chemistry work on our campus with close links to the medical school.
• Excellent framework conditions: we provide fully funded PhD positions and assistance in all organizational matters.
• The opportunity to build lasting networks: about 30 highly committed PIs from the participating institutions constitute our faculty.
• An attractive and livable region: Frankfurt/Main is an international science, finance, and cultural center.
• A PhD community: students are admitted once a year and jointly attend graduate courses.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
We are looking for excellent graduate students of a wide range of disciplines including, but not limited to: Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Biophysics, Computer sciences, Molecular biology, Mathematics.
EURAXESS offer ID: 619477
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.