ORGANISATION/COMPANYComplutense University of Madrid
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › OtherTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:30 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Madrid
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER956274
General project´s description:
EYE is an ITN project funded by the EC within the H2020 programme providing training and professional development to 5 Early Stage Researchers (ESR) in Vision Sciences and Optical Imaging Technologies. The duration of the contracts is 36 months. EYE is an industrial doctorate which implies that students will spend 50% of time working in a private sector. EYE-EID will provide to its students an unique opportunity to gain knowledge, skills, and experience through experimental optical training, computational simulation, and cutting-edge clinical applications.
EYE counts with the participation of the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM) (Spain) with a multidisciplinary research involving Biochemistry, Physics, Optics and Vision Sciences areas, and two industrial partners: Mark'ennovy (United Kingdom), a leading European company specialized in the design, manufacture and sale of CL and Alain Afflelou (Portugal), an optical centres group, which will facilitate the interaction with the presbyopic population and clinicians.
The EYE project aims to analyse, simulate, improve and assess current presbyopia correction strategies in order to choose the optimal contact lens for each patient, offering new presbyopic solutions based on the eye-vision particularities of each person in a personalized way.
The research program will focus on:
(1) New designs of presbyopic contact lenses.
(2) New Contact Lens Materials.
(3) Computer modelling of eye response and adaptation to new contact lenses
(4) Validation of patient’s outcomes reports on global contact lens performance.
(5) Development of e-Health instruments and technologies for Big Bata analysis in contact lens for presbyopia.
ESR 3 POSITION. Project Title: Development and validation of the presbyopic contact lens Patient Reported Outcomes instrument (PRO instrument).
This position involves work at private company, Alain Afflelou (Portugal), and at Complutense University of Madrid (UCM) (Spain).
The aim of this project is to develop and validate a specific PRO instrument for measuring presbyopic CL performance.
- Employment for 3-years, with an attractive salary package including living, mobility and (if applicable) family allowances in accordance with the Marie Skłodowska-Curie rules for Early Stage Researchers (ESRs).
- The fellows will be provided with full employment contract including social security and all the benefits equal as other researchers working at similar positions
- The recruitment conditions will be fully in line with those outlined in the "European Charter for Researchers and The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers".
- Excellent research environment, infrastructure and resources.
- International, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral mobility opportunities.
- Advanced research and transferable skills training.
- Opportunity to build an extensive international professional network.
- Title enabling to enrol into a PhD programme in Spain - Master in a relevant field (Optometry, Psychology, Statistics, Data Science).
- Candidates can be of any nationality. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
- The candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in the Portugal for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
- The candidate needs to be in his/her first four years of his/her research career. The four years are counted from the date a degree was obtained which formally entitles to embark on a doctorate either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country of employment.
How to apply
Applications must contain a CV, motivation letter, publication list, contact information of two referees, copy of the Degree and Master title (when applicable). CV must clearly indicate the exact dates of (1) each position hold in the past, and (2) countries of residence in the last 5 years. Applications must be sent directly to contact email indicated below:
Contact: Prof. David Madrid-Costa, firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiting procedure will be transparent and internationally comparable following the rules of the European Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. The selection committees will be constituted at each partner institutions, and will be required to bring together diverse expertise and competences and gender balance and members from academic and private sectors. Skype interviews will be used for the final step of selection.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Excellent English and Spanish language and communication skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing). Fluency in French and/or Portuguese will be considered as a plus.
- Motivation to pursue a PhD, work independently and collaborate and engage within the international network.
- Willingness to relocate and reside in two different countries and to travel for secondments, training and project meetings.
- Sound computing skills with the ability to conduct literature surveys and access web-based information.
- Ability to manage, analyse and report on scientific data and keep clear and accurate records of research.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated understanding about patient-reported outcomes instrument development and application is valuable.
- Applicants must be available to start the PhD position before 1 September 2021.
EURAXESS offer ID: 618503
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.