ORGANISATION/COMPANYTallinn University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Management studies
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tallinn
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2022
TalTech Department of Business Administration invites applications for a professor position in Management.
The research carried out at the Department of Business Administration in the School of Business and Governance in TalTech deals with various aspects of business – entrepreneurship, knowledge and technology transfer, strategic management, marketing, supply chain management, accounting and performance management. The School has over 200 employees.
We seek a talented and highly motivated individual with a high-level academic expertise and track record in research on management. The objective of the professorship is to lead and carry out the study, scientific and development processes in the field of management. More precisely, we look for a candidate who actively contributes to the area of strategic management, human resources management, change management, leadership in the digital era or other contemporary management-related themes. In alignment with the general aspirations of TalTech, the professor is expected to put high focus on management of digitalization. The position may be filled as tenure track or tenured Associate Professor or Full Professor, depending on the candidate’s merits and career stage. The appointee will be required to conduct research in the field of management as well as related fields, collaborate with other research teams both nationally and internationally, stimulate research activities at TalTech, and apply for funding from national and international sources. The suitable candidate would continuously work on the expansion of national and international networks involving both academics and practitioners. The candidate is also expected to teach and supervise in all levels and mentor early stage researchers.
For more detailed information on the position, please contact Merli Reidolf, Deputy Head of the Department of Business Administration email@example.com.
THE DEPARTMENT OFFERS
- A dynamic and international work environment;
- Opportunities for personal and professional development;
- A wide network for multidisciplinary cooperation;
- Promotes research and provides resources for active scholars;
- Access to relevant infrastructure;
- Competitive salary depending on the candidate’s qualification and performance.
- PhD (or an equivalent) degree in the relevant field;
- Postdoctoral or other international work experience in areas related to management research;
- Strong publication record that proves the ability for high quality and relevant research in the area of management and related fields;
- Proven ability to obtain funding from national as well as international sources;
- Experience in leading research groups and coordination of research activities;
- Experience in teaching and supervising at all levels (BSc, MSc and PhD level; executive trainings), incl. successful supervision of one or more doctoral theses;
- Active participation in relevant international networks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently;
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Business experience is preferred.
To apply for this job please send the following documents in English by 20.05.2021 (the application deadline) at the latest by using the link:
- a cover letter detailing how the candidate meets the qualifications of the position;
- documents proving that the candidate holds the required academic degree (PhD or an equivalent qualification) and has acquired the required education;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- an academic portfolio;
- a vision or an action plan for the following period of employment (the maximum total length 1500 words);
- other documents considered important by the applicant.
TalTech is an international scientific community with 11,000 students and approximately 1,800 employees, one of the largest universities in Estonia that is the leading EU country in digitalization. The strengths of the university are wide multidisciplinary study/research interests, modern research and study environment as well as strong collaboration with international educational and research institutions.
TalTech has a green and one of the most compact university campuses in Europe that includes the Tehnopol Tallinn Science Park. Our Mektory Innovation and Business Center helps faculties and scientists with funding for their research and business know-how. Low hierarchy, academic freedom and a balanced work and family life is valued at TalTech. The university provides individual development and training opportunities, material and non-material tokens of acknowledgement, sporting opportunities at TalTech Sports Club and all-staff activities.
More information about TalTech: https://taltech.ee/en/
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEconomics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 617874
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.