ORGANISATION/COMPANYDelft University of Technology (TU Delft)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/09/2021 01:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Delft
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
A postdoctoral fellowship program has been established for quantum-bio projects at the Kavli Institute of Nanoscience Delft (KIND). KIND Postdoctoral Fellows are high‐profile, two‐year postdoctoral positions with significant independence and resources. The KIND Postdoctoral Fellows program is designed to attract the best and brightest young researchers in nanoscale science to Delft. Fellows will work in partnership with Delft faculty on a nanoscience project that involves both quantum and biological nanoscience research at KIND. Funds for running budget and travel will be available.
The KIND Postdoctoral Fellow program entails:
- A competitive salary for the KIND Postdoctoral Fellow for 2 years (one step higher than standard postdoc salaries at TU Delft).
- Travel and expendables budget of 5 k€ per year for the KIND Fellow.
- Mentoring by the two involved faculty members of KIND.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
Are you interested in the KIND Quantum-Bio Postdoctoral Fellow Program of the Kavli Institute of Nanoscience Delft? Please apply before 1st of September 2021 via the application button and upload your proposal.
Your proposal should include:
- Cover letter motivating why the candidate is interested in applying for a KIND Postdoctoral Fellowship
- CV with publication list,
- Names and email addresses of three references
- Brief support letter from the two (or more) Kavli faculty members that support the proposal. Note that applicants should coordinate closely with the latter faculty members in order to align their independent proposal with the research of the hosts.
Pre-inquiries may help significantly to discuss the suitability of a candidature and project to this call. Those who are short-listed will be invited for an on-line interview.
- A pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- Applying for an exemption for specific research and educational areas is an obligatory part of the selection procedure for this vacancy. This exemption must be obtained from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW) before an employment contract is agreed upon. Click here for more information.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
For questions on the KIND postdoctoral fellowships, feel free to contact Kobus Kuipers, Director KIND, and Chirlmin Joo, Director KIND, via email@example.com.
Web site for additional job details
Prospective postdoc candidates are invited to write and submit a brief proposal. Proposals can be made for a 2-year project to be carried out with the support of two (or more) KIND faculty members, one working in the field of quantum nanoscience and one working in bionanoscience. Proposals can be sent in once a year, with an annual deadline of September 1. In addition to the project proposal description, applications should include a cover letter motivating why the candidate is interested in applying for a KIND Postdoctoral Fellowship, a CV with publication list, names and email addresses of three references, and a brief support letter from the two (or more) Kavli faculty members that support the proposal. Note that applicants should coordinate closely with the latter faculty members in order to align their independent proposal with the research of the hosts. While the call specifically invites external candidates to apply, internal candidates are eligible as well, provided that they will not merely continue their current project but start a new project. An example for the format of the proposal is provided in the Appendix. More information can be found on www.kavli.tudelft.nl.
The proposals will be judged on: (in no particular order)
- Eligibility: Is the proposal indeed a nanoscience project that fits KIND’s mission, will it be carried out at KIND, and is it supervised by two or more KIND faculty members, one working in the field of quantum nanoscience and one working in bionanoscience?
- Scientific track record of the postdoc candidate.
- Scientific quality and originality of the proposed project.
- Synergetic benefit for KIND, i.e., will it connect across the bio/quantum disciplines?
EURAXESS offer ID: 617721
Posting organisation offer ID: 298805
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.