ORGANISATION/COMPANYDeutsches Zentrum für Luft - und Raumfahrt (DLR)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/09/2021 02:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Oberpfaffenhofen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
The EO Data Science department develops modern signal processing and AI processes for current and future earth observation missions. It is involved in a large number of third-party projects and a large international network. The expected tasks will consist of our own scientific research on the topic of artificial intelligence for earth observation as well as the initiation, implementation and management of scientific and innovative projects. The tasks described require very special knowledge and exceptional knowledge. In order to meet the requirements of the position, extensive professional or research experience in the field of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence or related fields is required. This position is intended to cover the area of high-performance computing (HPC) in the domain of earth observation and in particular the area of high-performance computing at the DLR and the Leibniz computing center (LRZ). The holder of the position will be responsible for the following tasks: Research and applications in the research domain of High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- literature research on high-performance computing and optimization processes
- independent research and expansion of scientific knowledge at the highest international level in the field of high-performance computing
- creation of requirement analyzes for optimization when processing large amounts of data ("Big Data") as well as development of new methods for processing them
- development, analysis and documentation of new methods for working with high-performance computing systems
- setting impulses to use and optimize the use of high-performance computing systems in the department
- support for doctoral students and staff
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany's largest scientific organisation.
EURAXESS offer ID: 617696
Posting organisation offer ID: 15152960
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.