ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Cyprus
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/04/2021 14:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS.
It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
Application Code: FOSS2021SS-02
• First Degree and PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics, with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and will tackle applications related to the further penetration of Photovoltaics such as failure detection, demand response, energy, load and market forecasting. The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Development of models to accurately classify faults in PV systems
• Development of models to accurately forecast energy production from renewable energy sources
• Development of models for load forecasting
• Development of models for market forecasting
• Development of algorithms for Demand Response
• Model validation with real data and experiments
• Data analysis
• Implementation of the above on a new software platform being developed by FOSS
• Writing articles and publications of research results
• Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year) and postgraduate students
• Support in research project management
• Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
Also, high academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
The monthly gross salary for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €1740,64 – €3655,35) (€26,11/hr). From this amount employee contributions to the various Government Funds will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects
involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal
based on successful progress. 13th salary is not provided.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
1. Letter of interest for the specific position.
2. Full CV including description of previous experience, as well as reference to the grades of degrees and
school certificate [apolyterion].
3. Copies of degrees and transcripts of first degree (and of Master’s degree/degrees, if applicable).
4. Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
9th of April 2021.The application must include the application code FOSS2021SS-02.
For more information please contact: Professor George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email:
EURAXESS offer ID: 617056
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.