RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/05/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Leiden
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
- Teaching Korean language courses from beginners’ to advanced levels at undergraduate and graduate level;
- Contributions to curriculum development;
- Representation of the field to external audiences.
We offer a fixed-term post from 1 August 2021 until 31 July 2025. Salary range from € 2,790.- to € 4,402.- gross per month (pay scale 10), in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information, see the website.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Online application must be received no later than 13 April 2021, via the blue button of our application system, with the interviews with shortlisted candidates scheduled for 19 to 23 April 2021. Applicants should submit online:
- A CV including education and employment history, courses taught, languages and proficiency levels, and publications (if applicable)
- A letter of motivation and teaching statement including a personal vision of foreign language pedagogy and its relation to teaching Korean to speakers of other languages (max 2 pages)
- Names, positions, and email addresses of three referees (no reference letters at this stage)
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.
Enquiries can be made to Ae Ree Nam, email email@example.com.
Web site for additional job details
- MA in teaching Korean as a second/foreign language or equivalent;
- Experience in teaching various levels and skills of Korean to speakers of other languages at university level;
- An excellent command of English. The MA program in Asian Studies and the BA program in International Studies are offered in English. English (or Dutch) will be used for some courses (especially translation of academic/professional texts) in the BA program in Korean Studies as well;
- Native (or near native) proficiency in Korean;
- Commitment to and expertise in multi-media, multi-mode, and digital teaching experience;
- Experience/interest in team teaching and peer mentoring. The candidate is expected to be a team player;
- Experience in organizing or coordinating language courses, special programs, and events.
EURAXESS offer ID: 616718
Posting organisation offer ID: 298752
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.