RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/05/2021 13:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Padova
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK36
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
A selection announcement has been published to award no. 1 research grants in support of innovative and excellent research projects individually proposed by young independent scholars in Scientific Sector and Discipline (SSD) GEO/04, IUS/19, L-ANT/02, L-ANT/03, L-FIL-LET/04, L-FIL-LET/05, L-FIL-LET/06, L-LIN/01, L-OR/03, M-DEA/01, M-FIL/08, M-GGR/01, M-STO/01, M-STO/02, M-STO/04, M-STO/05, M-STO/06, M-STO/07, M-STO/08, M-STO/09, SECS-P/12, SPS/03, SPS/05 that will be carried out at the Department of Historical and Geographic Sciences and the Ancient World.
The research grant shall last for 24 months and be worth a gross amount of 25.177 euro per annum.
In addition, the winning projects will be provided with financial contribution towards research expenses as specified hereunder: maximum 5,000 euros, intended to cover expenses such as travel costs, participation in conferences and workshops, publications and translations, research infrastructures (es. pc). Research activities expenses will be covered by the budget of the “NEW PARADIGMS FOR THE STUDY OF MOBILITY IN HUMAN SCIENCES” project.
The Selection Committee has 100 points to evaluate the candidates and they shall be awarded for:
- qualifications: PhD, specialisation degree, postgraduate certificates (awarded in Italy and abroad) - max. 10 points;
- the curriculum vitae: performance of documented research activity at public and private organisations with contracts, grants or appointments (both in Italy and abroad); participation in competitive calls promoted by the European Union (Marie Curie, ERC), with relative evaluation, will be positively evaluated - max. 20 points;
- publications: quantity and quality of publications (the Selection Committee will evaluate only the first four publications uploaded in the online application (https://pica.cineca.it/unipd/) - max. 10 points;
- the interview and the letters of presentation – max. 30 points.
- the research project: quality, degree of innovation, feasibility and sustainability of the project; consistency with the candidate’s research profile and with the activities carried out in the Department's Project "New Paradigms for the Study of Mobility in Human Sciences" and at the "Mobility & Humanities" Center for Advanced Studies (see https://www.dissgea.unipd.it/ricerca/mobility-and-humanities) – max. 30 points.
The application may only be submitted by completing the online procedure available at https://pica.cineca.it/unipd/ from 16th March 2021, 4:00 pm (CET) to 14th May 2021, no later than 1:00 pm (CET).
PhD graduates with documented post-doctoral research activities of at least 6 months, carried out at Foreign Universities or other Research Institutions (candidates shall attach a certifying declaration signed by the Research Institution) in the 3 years prior to the selection announcement deadline.
Candidates must have their degree by the selection announcement deadline.
Should the candidate’s PhD have been awarded abroad, then it must have been conducted over a minimum of three years and, for the sole purposes of this selection procedure, must be declared to be the equivalent of an Italian PhD by a Selection Committee.
EURAXESS offer ID: 616629
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.