ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK32
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
The Scienteens Lab – De Labo fir Jonker – is the first research lab for high-school students in Luxembourg. It is an extracurricular learning center of the University of Luxembourg that develops and offers workshops designed to spark the interest of high school students in science show them the latest trends and technologies in research and supports them in their career choice. Hands-on experiments, supervised by experienced scientists and teachers from various disciplines, provide the students with an insight into scientific research and the day-to-day work in the lab. The workshops currently address relevant topics in biology, mathematics and physics.
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to make an appointment within the Scienteens Lab as soon as possible for the position.
The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in developing, teaching and organizing scientific outreach for physics at the University of Luxembourg for high school students. The candidate will do science communication on a high level.
What YOU can expect from the position:
- Exciting position which will allow you to integrate own ideas and visions
- Creative and independent development of hands-on workshops in physics integrating didactic concepts
- Coordinating and teaching hands-on workshops for high-schools
- Organize outreach activities at events like science festivals
- Budget and project organization of the Scienteens Lab physics section
- Partnership with local high-school teachers and research groups from the University of Luxembourg
- Participation to funding applications
- Continuous trainings for you to improve your hard and soft skills and topics of interest
- Working together with colleagues of many different nationalities in a truly multilingual environment
- Master diploma / PhD in physics, engineering or related subjects
- Experience in outreach activities and teaching preferred
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Good project management skills and organizational skills
- Multilingual: you should be fluent in German or French and very good in English; knowledge of Luxembourgish is an asset
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Part Time 32.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Internal Title: Education programme specialist
- Job Reference: UOL04012
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. WiFi on campus. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for societyand industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
EURAXESS offer ID: 615474
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.