ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra
RESEARCH FIELDAnthropologyCultural studies › Ancient studiesHistory › ArchaeologyHistory › PrehistoryHistory › Social history
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/04/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER123456
The Culture and Socio-Ecological Dynamics (CaSEs) research group based at the department of Humanities, Univerisitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona) is interested in receiving Expression of Interests of potential candidates for the Marie Sklodowska - Curie Postdoctoral 2021 call.
CaSEs focuses on developing a novel research programme on long-term human–environment relationships and the dynamics of social change. The aims of CaSEs are:
1) To study the historical relationships between human societies and their ecological settings within a long durée approach
2) To apply quantitative methods for the development of models in social sciences and history
3) To promote new transdisciplinary research for improving our understanding of cultural change and historical processes.
CaSEs is devoted to study various social and environmental processes that propel the historical and evolutionary trajectory of humankind. In order to know how people lived, adapted, organized and exploited the environment, and how these aspects changed through time, we apply a variety of theoretical approaches and methodologies with an emphasis on quantitative methods. CaSEs has so far hosted 9 MSCA fellows (5 of which at UPF).
- Anthropogenic land cover change (ALCC) in South Asia (not limited to) through geographic models of land use with a specific expertise in GIS. The researcher will be involved in the working of the LandCover6k working group of PAGES and of the HoLa project of INQUA.
- Geoarchaeology of Bronze Age settlements, with a specific expertise in micromorphology. The researcher will be involved primarily in the ModAgrO project, which is currently excavating a number of sites in the core Indus Valley in Pakistan to understand the role of prehistoric agricultural strategies in the urbanisation trajectory of the Indus Civilisation.
- Anthropic activity markers through multielement chemical analysis (pXRF and or ICP-AES) and spatial modelling. The group is currently leading various projects where this could be integrated in Africa, Europe and Asia. We are particularly interested in a profile that is willing to concentrate on methodological issues and has a strong basis in statistical analysis.
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships scheme (MSCA-PD) is a prestigious European funding programme that supports mobility, career development, and training within and beyond Europe. The scheme offers highly competitive salary and research costs. MSCA-PD involves a joint application between the researcher and the Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
All expressions of interest must meet the eligibility criteria of the scheme:
- applicants must have a Ph.D. by the call's deadline (September 9, 2021);
- applicants must be within the first 8 years of experience after having the PhD (maternity and paternity exceptions apply as well as time spent outside the EU -if it is your case, please contact us);
- must not have resided or carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the above mentioned deadline.
Applicants from any country may apply, but must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the submission deadline (09/09/2021).
Researchers willing to apply should check that they fulfil the eligibility criteria and then send an expression of interest, consisting of:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A summary of their proposed research (c. 3 pages)
- A motivation letter
Expression of interests should be submitted by email with subject “MSCA Application – CaSEs – your name and surname” as soon as possible. Successful applicants will be required to submit a first draft of the application by May 30th 2021.
EURAXESS offer ID: 615314
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.