ORGANISATION/COMPANYNEUS Diagnostics, d.o.o.
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/05/2021 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovenia › Ljubljana
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER956394
PARENT is an EU-funded project aiming for early diagnosis of newborn motor/cognitive impairments. PARENT combines the efforts of a multidisciplinary network of leading European research groups, industry partners, pediatric hospitals and parents’ associations to develop a technological infrastructure that will train Early Stage Researchers (ESR) to conduct top-notch research in leading academic institutions, hospitals and industry R&D divisions. During the research there will be strong emphasis on career development and on achieving impact. PARENT multidisciplinary approach and technologies will make a critical contribution towards an open neurodevelopmental disease diagnostic software infrastructure by interlinking disciplines from clinical data, neuroimaging collection and processing, biomarkers, data fusion, machine learning applied to clinical data, novel prediction algorithms. PARENT approach can be included in the more general paradigm of evidence-based medicine, precision medicine and patient center-care, as well as decision support systems in clinical field.
PARENT offers in total 15 ESR/PhD research positions for 3 years (36 months), during which it is intended that a PhD project is started, provided positive evaluation.
NEUS Diagnostics, d.o.o. is a privately-owned high-tech start-up research company, located in Ljubljana, Slovenia. The company was formed by experts from different areas of specialisation who are committed to developing next generation tools for early detection of various neurological diseases. The core team possesses knowledge from the field of artificial intelligence (AI) with a proven track record in applying AI techniques in medical domains, marketing, finances, controlling and business development. The company has a strong interdisciplinary collaboration with medical doctors and psychologists with whom they have already successfully completed several projects.
The company is primarily developing a software tool for detecting mild cognitive impairment using eye-tracking technology. They have experience in designing computerised tests, building diagnostic models, designing research and clinical studies, executing clinical studies including the necessary regulatory tasks.
Topic: Computerized neuropsychological test battery based on eye-tracking specific for preterm children
The ESR will be responsible for developing a computerized neuropsychological test battery based on eye-tracking to be used on preterm children to detect cognitive or motor impairments. Based on the data coming from partner organisations the student will help developing an algorithm to detect anomalies in the development of preterm children. The student will be involved in experimental design together with primarily clinical partners. The student will develop an AI model based on the eye-tracking test battery and will also determine the minimum subset of battery tasks needed to be included for good motor/cognitive assessment as part of a clinical decision support system.
- Exciting multidisciplinary research in a collaborative network of top academic and industrial partners.
- State-of-the-art computing infrastructure to support your research.
- You will work in an industrial environment and gain industrial experience.
- You will be enrolled in a PhD training programme at the University of Ljubljana.
- You will benefit from further continuing education through a dedicated training programme in the various fields of expertise of the consortium partners through secondments, trainings, and workshops.
- Special focus on career development by offering training in transferable skills such as project management, communication skills, grant writing, exploitation of results, etc.
- The fellowship is awarded for a period of 3 years.
- You will benefit of a regular employment contract. The candidate will have to live in Slovenia for the 3 years of employment, preferably in Ljubljana.
The following documents must be sent as pdf files IN A SINGLE EMAIL to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Motivation Letter (max 2 pages)
- Declaration to fulfill ESR Eligibility criteria of the Marie-Sklodowska Curie programme
- Two reference contacts (Name, Surname, Role, Organization, Email). Reference contacts might be contacted to by the Organization/Company to provide a reference letter.
- A CV in European format (Europass).
- A copy of a valid ID document (passport or other);
- If possible, copies of educational certificates and transcript of records (course transcripts). This copies can might be asked for in all steps of the evaluation.
The selection procedure will be based on two steps:
- screening of all applications received and selection of a shortlist of candidates based on presented documentation.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to a remote interview.
You share your information with us for the sole purpose of assessing the requirements for the selection process regarding the present ESR position. We respect that information, and we are careful to comply with our obligations under data protection laws while processing your application, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679. Your data will not be disclosed to any third party, other than the ESR selection committee defined by the organization/company you are applying to. You have the right to obtain without undue delay: the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you (art. 16 of the GDPR); the erasure of personal data concerning you (art. 16 of the GDPR); right to obtain restriction of processing (art. 18 of the GDPR). By submitting your application, you agree to these terms.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Master Degree or equivalentMathematics: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- You have a master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering, or related field (or expect to complete the master’s degree by the beginning of September 2021).
- Strong background in scientific computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data mining, or similar is appreciated.
- In view of the international context of the framework, excellent knowledge of the English language is mandatory.
- International mobility of researchers is a key concept within the MSCA ETN framework. As such you participate in international meetings, workshops and a secondment programme.
- You want to tell the world about your novel findings with attractive posters, sparkling presentations and high quality papers.
The applicants can be of any nationality. There are specific criteria the applicant must fulfill to be eligible, as follows:
- At the time of recruitment, the researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- ESR Candidates must be, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when they obtained the Master’s degree that would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate.
- Applicants are not eligible if they have already been awarded a PhD.
The ESR will be required to work exclusively on the MSCA ITN programme (PARENT-ETN). In all cases, all duties and responsibilities will be clearly outlined in the researchers Personal Career Development Plan, as determined in the early stages of the project between the ESR and supervisors.
EURAXESS offer ID: 615139
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.