ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/04/2021 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
The Laboratory of Neurodegeneration at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Jacek Kuźnicki, is seeking a Master’s student.
You will join the project entitled “Linking abnormal Ca2+ signalling and the unfolded protein response with Huntington’s disease pathology in both YAC128 mouse model and iPSC-derived neurons from HD patients”, which is carried out as the OPUS (2019/33/B/NZ3/02889) grant of the Polish National Science Centre, under the supervision of Magdalena Czeredys, PhD. The aim of the project is to identify pathways involved in the neurodegeneration in Huntington's disease models.
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources (https://bit.ly/3tf67CN).
- Fellowship 1350 PLN for a period of 12 months. The fellowship will be preceded by a period of voluntary work.
- Fellowship matching your experience and commitment.
- Participation in lab meetings and institutional seminars, institutional retreats, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring.
- Opportunity to learn a number of biochemical, molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Exposure to cutting-edge techniques available at the IIMCB.
- Work in international environment.
Candidates will be selected according to the procedure in an open competition, complying the rules for granting scholarships for young scientists in research projects funded by the National Science Centre (NCN Council Resolution No. 25/2019 dated March 14, 2019 r.) and the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence https://bit.ly/3bf9DXw
How to apply:
- Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject include " MSc_OPUS" and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain the following documents: CV, cover letter with a brief answer to the following questions: Why do you want to work with us? What are your key strengths? What is your greatest achievement? What is your scientific dream and how do you want to fulfill it? (max. 1 page, please skip yours and our laboratory contact details), contact details to your BSc supervisor and other potential referees, transcript of records from BSc studies.
Please include the following statement in your Curriculum Vitae : “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3c4rEH9
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
As a Master’s student you will be involved in: setting up neuronal cultures, culture of neural stem cells, molecular biology techniques, western-blot, immunocytochemistry, RT-PCR, cell transfection, microscopic techniques including Ca2+ imaging, data analysis and reporting.
Requirements from master student:
- 1st degree in biology, biochemistry or related field obtained
- the candidate must be formally enlisted in MSc studies in Poland
- basic knowledge of cell and molecular biology
- good knowledge and familiarity with laboratory techniques as western blot
- basic experience in laboratory work
- has scientific achievements
- good knowledge of English
- interest in neurobiology research, motivation and passion for experimental work
- willingness to learn and take new challenges, analytical thinking, availability excellent interpersonal skills
- research experience abroad will be a plus
- prior experience in molecular biology, protein biochemistry and cell culture will be an advantage but is not essential
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 614931
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.