ORGANISATION/COMPANYJohannes Gutenberg University Mainz
RESEARCH FIELDPolitical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/03/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Mainz
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) is one of the largest universities in Germany. Located in the Rhine-Main science region, it develops its performance strength, innovative power and dynamism. As a full-scale university, JGU enables teaching and learning that transcends disciplinary boundaries and opens up great potential for internationally renowned, interdisciplinary research. JGU unites almost all of its facilities on a campus close to the city center - a place of vibrant academic culture for researchers, teachers and students from all continents.
Faculty 02 Social Sciences, Media and Sports – Institute of Political Science, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Part-time employment (80-85%)
The position is to be filled within the framework of the BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research) research project "Football as basis for social cohesion in Europe (FANZinE)".
- Planning, implementation and data analysis of an interview study with experts in the field of soccer and fan culture within four countries; coordination of the project partners in the participating countries and implementation of the study in Germany
- Coordination and implementation of the knowledge transfer: development of policy options for actors in the field of soccer and fan culture, planning and implementation of project workshops with practitioners
- Contribution to the planning, implementation and evaluation of a quantitative text analysis of online media as well as an online panel survey in four European countries
- Contribution to the analysis and synthesis of the research results of the overall project
- Presentation and publication of findings for the expert public and practitioners
- Job ticket throughout the entire Rhine-Main region
- Extensive career development opportunities
- Flexible working time arrangements
Please send your application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, two recent written work samples (preferably one in German and one in English), if applicable: teaching evaluation, list of publications) summarized in a pdf file, quoting the reference number: 03021-02-wiss-ml by 29.03.2021 by e-mail to:
The position is paid according to EG 13 TV-L and is to be filled as soon as possible, for a fixed term until 31.03.2024. The possibility for individual further qualification (PhD or “habilitation”) is given.
JGU is diverse and welcomes qualified applications from people with varied backgrounds.
We aim to increase the number of women in the field of research and teaching and therefore encourage female researchers to apply.
Candidates with severe disabilities and appropriate qualifications will be given priority.
For any questions, please contact Prof. Dr Niemann, email: email@example.com.
In addition to the general legal requirements, applicants must fulfil the employment requirements specified in § 57 of the Rhineland-Palatinate Higher Education Act (Hochschulgesetz Rheinland-Pfalz).
- very good university degree in the social sciences and, ideally, a doctoral degree in the social sciences, preferably in the field of Political Science and/or International Relations
- Experience in designing and conducting qualitative studies, interviewing and computer-assisted data analysis (e.g. MaxQDA, Atlas.ti)
- Interest or previous knowledge in the field of the politics of football and actors in sports politics or being prepared to familiarize oneself with this field
- Experience in the transfer of scientific knowledge into practice as well as experience in the planning and implementation of events and in moderating diverging interests and groups
- very good language skills in German and English. Additional language skills in a project language (Spanish, Polish, Norwegian) would be an advantage
- Interest or previous experience in the field of quantitative text analysis or survey data analysis as well as the willingness to participate in the acquisition of third-party projects are highly preferred
- Creativity, the ability to work independently, as well as the ability to cooperate and work in a team
EURAXESS offer ID: 613982
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.