ORGANISATION/COMPANYTyndall National Institute
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electronic engineeringTechnology › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Cork
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39
PCM-8 Researcher in Magnetic Tracking Technology
Contract: Full Time/Fixed Term
This postdoctoral position will support the research activities of the DEEP FIELD ERC Consolidator Award at Tyndall National Institute under the direction of Dr. Pádraig Cantillon-Murphy (Principal Investigator) at Tyndall National Institute.
For more information on Tyndall National Institute visit: www.tyndall.ie
- Electronic circuit design and development of magnetic tracking technology
- System design and simulation in the Matlab and Python environments
- Analysis and report the results at project meetings
- Disseminate the outcomes to peer‐reviewed academic publications and presentations at conferences of international standing.
- Participate in Education and Public Engagement activities.
- Contribute to the engagement on intellectual property activities in partnership with the Office of Technology Transfer
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management system.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
The Postdoctoral Researcher will work under the direction of the Principal Investigator in the Electronic and Electromagnetic Systems Group at Tyndall National Institute.
- PhD qualifications in relevant area
- Typically, a 24 month previous research experience with magnetic tracking technology
This is a full-time Postdoctoral Researcher opportunity in University College Cork for 3 years.
The appointment may be made on the Post-Doctoral Researchers Scale B €38,630 - €45,942 per annum. Salary placement on appointment will be in accordance with the public sector pay policy.
Any queries relating to this position can be forwarded to Padraig Cantillon-Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Instructions: Please click here to apply
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
EURAXESS offer ID: 612967
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.