ORGANISATION/COMPANYWarsaw University of Life Sciences - SGGW, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Civil engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/05/2021 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
According to the Polish regulations, Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW, Institute of Civil Engineering searches for the candidate for the position of assistant professor or assistant. The ideal candidate should have a doctoral degree/post-doctoral degree or master’s degree in the field of engineering and technology (discipline related to the environment). The candidate will be responsible for classes on reclamation and remediation of the soil-environment or landfills and waste management. The classes will be held in Polish.
36 days of vacation, discounted membership in gym and aerobic classes at Sport Center of WULS, free health care services at the University Health Care Center (NZOZ SGGW).
- Doctoral degree/post-doctoral degree or master’s degree in the field of engineering and technology (discipline related to the environment);
- Knowledge of English at the minimum B2 level;
- Experience in conducting classes in Polish;
- Independence in research;
- Knowledge and skills necessary to conduct didactic classes in the field of soil reclamation, treatment and remediation of the soil-water environment, waste management;
- Publication record in the form of peer-reviewed scientific articles (additional asset);
- Scientific internship abroad in research centers or visible scientific activity on an international scale would be welcome;
- Knowledge of MS Office;
- Ability to work in a team.
- Publication record in form of at least 4 reviewed scientific papers or monographs in the discipline of civil engineering and transport in highly ranked scientific journals featured in appropriate lists of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (including two publications with Impact Factor – Web of Science Core Collection);
- Management of a scientific project, previously or in present, or submission of a scientific project in a competition organized by research funding institutions;
- Obtaining a favorable opinion on conducting didactic classes from a commission responsible for didactics and in the case of applicants for employment who are not WULS employees – obtaining a positive opinion on a scientific lecture presented on a seminar in the Institute of Civil Engineering.
The position covers three main areas: research, teaching, scientific cooperation. The candidate should conduct classes on reclamation and remediation of the soil-environment or landfills and waste management. The candidate should also give the instructions and supervise the students’ homework concerning those subjects. The classes will be held in Polish. Minimum 240-hours contract per academic year.
EURAXESS offer ID: 612589
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.