ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Rome Tor Vergata
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Business economicsManagement sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Rome
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER956696
PhD position in the EU funded project H2020-MSCA-ITN SAPIENS “Sustainability and Procurement in International, European, and National Systems” (GA n. 956696)
The University of Rome Tor “Vergata” (Italy), School of Economics, is seeking a highly motivated and mobile candidate with a strong academic record holding at least a two-year Master’s Degree in Management and/or Economics, fluency in English and some demonstrated subject knowledge of either public procurement policy, procurement management or economics of procurement (or all of them). Knowledge and experience in sustainability studies and empirical skills will be considered an added relevant feature of the candidate.
The selected candidate will pursue a Ph.D. as Early Stage Researcher (ESR), within the EU-funded H2020-MSCA-ITN Project “Sustainability and Procurement in International, European, and National Systems” (acronym SAPIENS – GA n. 956696) www.sapiensnetwork.eu
The project’s objective is to foster interdisciplinary research into the evolving use of public procurement (PP) to address the social and environmental challenges of the 21st century with a view to create a significantly increased European knowledge base and research capacity on the law, the economics and the business sciences of Sustainable Public Procurement. The Early Stage Researcher (ESR) will contribute to ambitious and carefully planned research, outreach, impact, and dissemination activities benefiting from the expertise of world-leading senior academics.
The ESR will be enrolled in the Doctoral Program in Management and will work within the CEIS - Centre for Economic and International Studies, School of Economics, University of Rome Tor Vergata, on the Ph.D. research project “Developing Sustainable and Procurement Solutions at Global Level (bottom-up approach)”.
The Early Stage Researcher (ESR) will work under the supervision of prof. Gustavo Piga and prof. Andrea Appolloni and will be offered an international, interdisciplinary, and intersectoral training and will include a structured mobility up to 10 months in the Universities and Partner Organisations of the Consortium for the entire project duration that will include:
- The Corvinus University of Budapest, Institute of Business Economics, (Hungary). - 3 months of resident work with co-supervisor;
- (EBRD) - European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, (UK) - 2 months of hands-on training in the UK on research on contract performance monitoring tools and virtuous practices.
- The George Washington University, Law School, (USA) – 2 months hands working on contract performance monitoring specifically from the SPP perspective.
The offered position is available with a fixed starting date in September 2021 for a maximum duration of 36 months with a full-time commitment to work exclusively under the action.
The ESR will be part of a community of ESRs based in 10 SAPIENS partner universities and will benefit from an international and interdisciplinary training programme featuring local, ITN-wide, and external activities with an exposure to intersectoral and international working environments. Training will take place through Advanced Training Courses, a Summer School, and a topical conference organised by ITN partners across Europe (Italy, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Romania, Hungary, UK).
Candidates will get a very attractive salary plus an allowances package in accordance with the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) rules and the personal circumstances of the applicant.
The gross salary will be approximately 3.413,88 €/month, plus a mobility allowance of 600 €/month and, if due, a family allowance of 500 €/month.
The gross salary will be approximately 3.413,88 €/month, plus a mobility allowance of 600 €/month and, if due, a family allowance of 500 €/month
To be eligible, the candidate:
- must hold a 2-year Master’s Degree or equivalent qualifications (candidates with pending Master’s degrees will be considered, but the award will be conditioned on them being awarded the title by end of July 2021). Candidates should ideally possess a Master’s degree in Social Science and/or Management (Management and/or Economics) or a different degree provided that allows them to enlist in a Ph.D (applications from candidates who already possess a doctoral degree cannot be considered);
- must be in the first four years of her/his research career;
- must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date;
- must be willing to live in the Host Institution country during the 3 years appointment and travel to the other Universities and Partner Organisations of the network for training activities and secondments (according to the details provided in each job post);
- must not hold a Ph.D;
- must have solid written and oral communication skills in English.
The evaluation and selection procedure is organized in 3 steps:
STEP 1: ELIGIBILITY CHECK
STEP 2: EVALUATION OF THE FILE
(CV, letters of reference, research proposal, etc.)
STEP 3: INTERVIEW
Website for the Application: http://www.ceistorvergata.it/area.asp?a=807
Candidates should submit an “online application form” by May 16, 2021, at 12 pm Rome Time, the following documents (in a single zipped attachment):
Applications failing to include the requested documentation or submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Candidates will be evaluated according to the eligibility criteria and the following criteria for the scientific evaluation:
- Educational track records
- Scientific quality of the CV
- Draft project
- Expected individual impact and benefit to the researcher and to the project
- Previous experiences in the subject areas relevant to the SAPIENS research programme.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDManagement sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
RESEARCH FIELDPolitical sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELManagement sciences: Master Degree or equivalentEconomics: Master Degree or equivalentPolitical sciences: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentEnvironmental science: Master Degree or equivalentEthics in social sciences: Master Degree or equivalentOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Thorough understanding and direct relevant experience of research methods
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use the resources effectively
- Excellent IT skills across all core Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work as part of a team and work independently using own initiative
Master’s degree in Social Science and/or in Management
Basic understanding of the Economics and/or Management of public procurement, sustainability issues at the global level
High level of quantitative and analytical ability
Thorough understanding and direct relevant experience of research methods
Ability to communicate complex information clearly
Ability to assess resource requirements and use the resources effectively
Excellent IT skills across all core Microsoft Office products
Ability to work as part of a team and work independently using own initiative
Fluency in English (both written and oral)
Basic understanding of public procurement law
Basic understanding of public procurement innovation and policy
Basic understanding of statistics and econometrics
EURAXESS offer ID: 612046
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.