ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculty of Geography and Geology of the Jagiellonian University
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science › Earth science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/04/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Krakow
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University
announces a competitive selection process for the post of an ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
in the research staff group at the Faculty of Geography and Geology, in the
academic field of Earth and related environmental sciences
and domain of applying advanced computational or artificial intelligence (AI) methods
for analyzing environmental spatial data, including Earth observation data
The competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.3) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
1) Holding at least a doctoral degree;
2) Having relevant scientific achievements, in particular papers published between 2014-2021 in international peer-reviewed journals or CORE conference proceedings;
3) Taking active part in scientific life, with a record of active participation in outstanding international scientific conferences;
4) Having experience in teaching work – this requirement does not apply to candidates for positions in the research staff member group.
- a person applying for the position cannot be employed under an employment contract at the Jagiellonian University within the last two years.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- have the ability (documented in scientific papers) to use advanced computational methods or artificial intelligence (AI) in research,
- have an experience in the implementation of research projects and in successfully applying for competitive research funding,
- have experience in international academic cooperation with leading research centres,
- have a record of an active participation in major scientific events, including e.g. international scientific conferences,
- have the ability to work in research teams, and cooperate with other research team members,
- have good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- publishing papers (with the Jagiellonian University as the only Polish affiliation) in high-positioned scientific journals or at conferences from the CORE list,
- submitting at least one application for an external Polish or international research grant affiliated at the Jagiellonian University within 24 months from the beginning of work period at the Jagiellonian University,
- engaging scientists from the academic community of the Jagiellonian University in research work,
- participation in teaching activities within the Jagiellonian University, not exceeding 30 hours / academic year.
The offered remuneration includes the base salary and the allowance. Employment time: 30 months. In addition, a research internal grant is offered for a period of 30 months.
The candidates, who would like to take part in the competitive selection process, should submit the following documents to the Dean’s Office of the Faculty of Geography and Geology of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow (e-mail address: email@example.com):
- application form;
- proposal of a research project to be implemented during the employment at the Jagiellonian University in the scope of the research domain "advanced computational methods and artificial intelligence" of the DigiWorld Priority Research Area (see: https://id.uj.edu.pl/en_GB/digiworld )
3. CV including awards, research visits, professional trainings, research projects realized so far together with the financing sources
4. personal questionnaire filled in by the candidate;
5. copy of the doctoral diploma or a diploma confirming the candidate’s habilitation degree, if applicable;
6. information on the candidate’s scientific, teaching and organisational achievements including the list of publications;
7. information concerning educational activities carried out by the candidate, if any;
– this requirement does not apply to candidates for positions in the research staff member group.
8. reviews of the doctoral dissertation or habilitation dissertation, if applicable;
9. two letters of recommendation;
10. declaration of the candidate, confirming that the Jagiellonian University will be the primary place of work, should he/she be selected in the competitive selection process;
12. declaration under Article 113 of the Law on Higher Education and Science;
13. declaration on acknowledging and accepting the rules and regulations concerning intellectual property management and commercialisation in force at the Jagiellonian University;
14. information regarding processing of personal data;
Opening date: March 5, 2021.
Application submission deadline: April 5, 2021.
The competition will be adjudicated no later than May 5, 2021.
Work commencement date: June 1, 2021
The competitive selection process may include an on-line interview.
The competitive selection process will be concluded by the Council of the Faculty of Geography and Geology.
The Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.
Declaration forms can be obtained at:
The Jagiellonian University follows the principles set out in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
On behalf of
the Rector of the Jagiellonian University
Dean of the Faculty of Geography and Geology
/-/ prof.dr hab. Marek Drewnik
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Faculty of Geography and Geology of the Jagiellonian University
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 611961
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.