ORGANISATION/COMPANYCERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Civil engineeringEngineering › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 10:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSwitzerland › Geneva
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Are you a technician looking for a challenging professional experience to further your career? If so, joining CERN’s TTE programme may very well give you that challenge.
The Site and Civil Engineering (SCE) Department manages and develops CERN’s real estate assets and infrastructures in agreement with CERN’s scientific strategy, as well as all the services related to the caretaking and operation of the CERN site.
Our Vision: Create an inspiring and welcoming environment for CERN’s scientific community now and in the future.
You will be part of the Group SAM (Site Asset Management) that is responsible for: Monitoring the condition of current buildings and infrastructure on campus and conducting relevant renovation, and consolidation projects which include all phases from feasibility study, preliminary design to construction management and hand-over of complete structures and infrastructures.
As part of the various civil engineering studies in the feasibility, design, execution phase, your mission will be the following:
- Preparation of civil engineering and architectural drawings (reinforced concrete, metal framework, road works, networks, architectural finishing,…) from hand sketches, verbal instructions, and site visits ;
- Preparation of 2D drawings and 3D-Revit models ;
- Support for the section designers and engineers.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member State or Associate Member State (https://home.cern/about/member-states);
- You have a Mechanical Technical Diploma or equivalent in Industrial Design of mechanical components (careers.cern/ttediplomas), and no more than 4 years' relevant experience after finishing your diploma;
- If you are currently studying, you are still eligible to apply, although you are expected to have obtained your qualification by the start of your appointment at CERN;
- If you hold a BSc or MSc, you are not eligible. However you may be eligible for the Fellowship Programme.
- You should have a good knowledge of technical English (French knowledge is considered as an asset).
Specific skills required for this job:
- Technical competencies:
- Experience on the usage of AutoCAD & Revit for civil engineering or architectural works.
- Experience in the design of civil engineering works, building envelop, metal framework, architectural work packages is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of applicable safety rules on construction sites in France and / or Switzerland is considered as an asset.
- Use of office software packages.
- Behavioural competencies:
- Flexibility: Adjust plan and priorities to changing circumstances
- Achieving results: Take responsibility for achieving quality results and work in a structured and efficient way;
- Solving Problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them
- Managing Self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting
- Communicating Effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented
- Learning and Sharing Knowledge: taking steps to expand knowledge in other areas of expertise beyond own field
- Working in Teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract of one year, renewable for a second year;
- On-the-job and formal training at CERN as well as in-house language courses for English and/or French;
- A monthly stipend of 4585 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax);
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund;
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva;
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
EURAXESS offer ID: 611940
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.