ORGANISATION/COMPANYEcole Centrale de Nantes
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Maritime engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineeringEnvironmental science › Earth science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/06/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Nantes
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35-39
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2021
The postdoctoral candidate will be affiliated within Laboratory of Hydrodynamics, Energetics and Atmospheric Environment (LHEEA) of Centrale Nantes,and will collaborate with researchers from two different research teams (DAUC, SEMREV+). He will interact with the industrial partner IDEOL that supports the project and owns and currently operates the floating wind turbine prototype FLOATGEN on the SEMREV sea test site.
They will be in charge of:
- Setting-up and monitoring the scanning Lidar measurement campaigns, depending on the objectives of investigation (project driven)
- Performing the data quality check and processing the obtained data sets to extract exploitable wind speed measurements
- extracting the wind resource parameters that are important for the WT far-wake development
- characterizing the WT far-wake properties (velocity deficit and added turbulence)
- determining the influence of the real-time sea state and incoming flow on the wake behavior
- proposing adaptations to existing steady and unsteady wake models to take the floating aspects into account
The candidate must be graduated of a Ph.D. in Fluid Mechanics or Atmospheric sciences before May 31st, 2021.
The application should be sent by email to Sandrine Aubrun (email@example.com) and Boris Conan (firstname.lastname@example.org). The email should contain the following documents, compiled in the following order into a single PDF file (6MBs max):
- Covering letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- The PhD certificate (or letter from the supervisor attesting that the PhD will be awarded before May 31st, 2021)
- Recommendation letter(s) from previous supervisors or employers
- Work experience certificates, if applicable
- List of publications, if applicable
Application deadline: March 31, 2021
Starting date: June 1, 2021
Duration: 12(+6) months
Gross salary: 2400-2650 €/month
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentFRENCH: Basic
The candidate must be able to work in a dynamic environment made up of several actors and to conduct onshore and offshore measurement campaigns .
Good communication skills and with a particular expectation on the quality of the deliverables is expected.
They must have a great sense of responsibility and must be aware of the procedures related to confidentiality and Intellectual Properties rights.
Graduate of a Ph.D. in Fluid Mechanics or Atmospheric sciences
Strong background in remote sensing, LiDAR measurements and data processing
Knowledge of wind resource assessment and wind energy
Good verbal and written communication skills.
EURAXESS offer ID: 611488
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.