ORGANISATION/COMPANYInria, the French national research institute for the digital sciences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/07/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
Within the framework of a partnership
- the ERC Advanced Grant "Lattices in a Parallel and Quantum World" (PARQ)
The researcher will be hosted by the Computer Science Department of the Ecole normale supérieure (ENS), located in downtown Paris (5th arrondissement).
There are possibilities to extend the contract. There is flexibility for the starting date.
For a better knowledge of the proposed research subject :
Lattices are mathematical objects which have emerged in the past twenty years as a key technique for public-key cryptography: the ongoing standardization of homomorphic encryption and the majority of the candidates to NIST’s post-quantum standardization rely on the conjectured hardness of lattice problems.
The PARQ project aims at readying lattice-based cryptography for real-world deployment, by protecting it against the most powerful adversaries, from ASIC farms to quantum computers. It will study the best parallel and quantum algorithms for lattice problems, and propose automated tools to select safe parameters.
The recruited person will be in connection with the P.I. Phong Nguyen, as well as Frédéric Magniez and Brice Minaud.
The goal is to study the best parallel and quantum algorithms for lattice problems, as well as design new tools to select safe parameters for lattice-based cryptography.
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
Remuneration will be determined by degree and experience.
The starting date of the contract can be adapted according to the possible constraints of the candidate
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESFRENCH: BasicENGLISH: Good
Languages : English.
Other valued appreciated : Curiosity
The candidate is expected:
- to have expertise in lattices and their algorithmic aspects, or quantum algorithms.
- to have obtained a PhD related to lattice algorithms or quantum algorithms.
- to have published in major conferences such as CRYPTO, EUROCRYPT, STOC, FOCS, SODA, QIP.
EURAXESS offer ID: 610728
Posting organisation offer ID: 3340
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.