ORGANISATION/COMPANYDeutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Hamburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
The Center for Data and Computing in Natural Science (CDCS) is a new scientific institution formed as a partnership between DESY, the University of Hamburg, and the Technical University of Hamburg. CDCS is dedicated to the development and application of modern information technologies (data science, artificial intelligence, scientific computing) to scientific problems. Cross-disciplinary labs (CDL) integrate scientific groups in the natural sciences with core IT and mathematics specialties in a flexible structure. This position in CDL-2 focusses on applications in photon science.
- Investigation and development of high throughput automatic data analysis for serial crystallography using high speed detectors (for example the 4 megapixel AGIPD detector at the European XFEL and Eiger 16M detector at PETRA-III)
- Participation in experiments at synchrotron and X-ray free electron laser sources
- Writing of academic publications and presentation of results at conferences
- Networking with other CDLs and the ICU in CDCS, and with DESY computer science
- Active participation in application for third party funding and project execution
- PhD in computer science, physics, applied mathematics, or related areas
- Appropriate programming abilities in C++ and/or Python
- Experience with high performance and parallel computing
- Experience in collaborative software development
- Ability to translate scientific problems into practical computing solutions
- A good spoken and written command of English
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration according to the collective labour agreement (TV-AVH).
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany's largest scientific organisation.
EURAXESS offer ID: 610383
Posting organisation offer ID: FSMA006/2021
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.